2008 Ford Super Duty
Ford extends its offering for the F-350 and F-450 pickups.
- F-450 Class 4 pickup offers over a 24,000-lb. towing capacity and a payload of over 6,000 lbs.
- Chassis incorporates a rear leaf-spring suspension, while using the radius arm front suspension from the F-450 chassis cab
- Powered by a 6.4-liter Power Stroke V-8 turbo diesel that pumps out 350 hp at 3,000 rpm and 650 lb.-ft. of torque starting at 2,000 rpm
- F-350 chassis cab models available in single- and dual-rear-wheel configurations
- GVWRs from 10,100 to 13,000 lbs., and payloads from 2,630 to 7,250 lbs.
- Super Duty line offered in regular cab, SuperCab and crew cab styles with 6 3/4 and 8-ft. bed lengths
For 2009, the Sterling Bullet CONV45 features a PTO/throttle single set speed control, increased PTO capacity and a remote engine start option.
- Available as a regular cab or Quad Cab with two- or four-wheel drive
- Chassis cab comes in 60-, 84-, 108- and 20-in. cab-axle lengths with a GVWR of 16,000 lbs. for the 60-in. CA or 16,500 lbs. for the other CA lengths
- Cummins 6.7-liter ISB diesel engine rated at 305 hp and 610 lb.-ft. of torque
- 6-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission
- 50,000-psi frame rails with 34-in. frame rail spacing
- Chassis components mounted below the top of the frame for easy body upfit
- Standard PTO prep package
Sterling Truck Corporation
Dodge Ram Pickups and Chassis Cabs
Dodge offers improvements to the Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 pickup and chassis cab line for the 2009 model year.
- Ram 3500 available with a 380-hp, 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with Variable Valve Timing, 404-lb.-ft. torque ratings and a 4% fuel economy improvement, or a 6.7-liter Cummins turbo diesel rated at 305 hp at 3,013 rpm
- Ram 3500 pickups come in regular cab, Quad Cab and Mega Cab and dual-rear wheels with a 16,850-lb. towing capacity, 5,180-lb. payload and 12,200-lb. GVWR
- Ram 3500 chassis cabs come in 60- and 84-in. cab-axle lengths, single-rear-wheel (10,200-lb. GVWR; 24,000-lb. GCWR) or dual-rear-wheel versions and two- or four-wheel drive
- Ram 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs offer increased PTO pump ratings and an optional remote start with the Cummins 6.7-liter diesel and automatic transmission
- Ram 4500 chassis cab comes in 60-, 84-, 108- and 120-in. cab-axle lengths and a 16,500-lb. maximum GVWR and GCWR of 26,000 lbs.
Silverado and Sierra 3500 HD Pickups
For 2009, Chevrolet and GMC introduce a number of convenience and safety-related features for the Silverado and Sierra 3500 HD pickups.
- OnStar 8.0 offers includes turn-by-turn navigation, Destination Download that automatically downloads directions to the navigation system and optional Bluetooth connectivity with controls in the steering wheel
- NavTraffic feature delivers real-time advisements through the navigation system
- Optional rearview camera system provides a remote view directly behind the vehicle via a display in the inside rearview mirror
- Regular, extended and crew cab versions offered in standard 6-ft. 6-in., 8-ft. or dually rear wheel 8-ft. box configurations, with a choice of a 365-hp Duramax 6.6-liter V-8 diesel or 322-hp Vortec 6.0-liter V-8 gas engine
- Available with trailer brake controller integrated with the ABS system
GMC Commercial Vehicles