As fireworks adorned Burj Khalifa from top to bottom at its grand opening on January 4, 2010, there was much to celebrate:
- Not only is Burj Khalifa the world's tallest building, it's the world's tallest structure and tallest freestanding man-made structure in the world at 2,717 feet (828m).
- The spire can be seen from as far as 59 miles (95km).
- Burj Khalifa has over 160 stories, the highest number of stories in the world.
- At the 124th floor is the world's highest and only publicly accessible observation deck with an outdoor terrace. It offers a spectacular view of the 297-acre (120-hectare) site that holds space for 30,000 apartments and the world's largest shopping center tt the Dubai Mall.
- 160 luxury hotel rooms and suites; 1,044 residential apartments; 49 office floors including the 12-floor annexure and 57 elevators, one of which has the longest travel distance and is the tallest service elevator in the world at a height of 1,654 feet (504m).
- 3,000 underground parking spaces.
- 12.14 feet (3.7m) is the thickness of the foundation's concrete mat.
- 28,261 glass-cladding panels make up the exterior and its two annexes.
- 3,964 gallons (15,000L) of water collected from the tower's cooling equipment is used for landscaping irrigation.
- 69,225,150 pounds (31,400 metric tons) of steel rebar was used in the structure.
- 1,082,677 cubic feet (330,000m3) of concrete was used to build the tower.
- 1,325 is the number of calendar days it took for Burj Khalifa to become the tallest freestanding man-made structure.
- 12,000 workers were on site during the peak of the tower's construction.
- It took 22,000,000 man hours to build the tower.
- 12,000 people are expected to live and work at Burj Khalifa.
Billed as "a living wonder," "stunning work of art" and "incomparable feat of engineering," there is no doubt that Burj Khalifa has pushed Dubai into the international spotlight. As thousands of workers brought to life the world's tallest building, Dubai's innovative spirit was also born.
A division of one of the world's most well-recognized and respected heavy equipment manufacturers, Putzmeister Concrete Pumps GmbH, Putzmeister America, Inc. manufactures a complete line of truck-mounted concrete boom pumps, separate placing booms, truck-mounted telescopic belt conveyors, and trailer-mounted concrete pumps as well as mortar, grout, shotcrete, plaster and fireproofing pumps and mixers, industrial pumps, tunneling machinery and pipeline systems. Some of the industry's best known brands such as Allentown Shotcrete Technology, Esser Pipe Technology, Thom-Katt, Powercreter and Telebelt are part of the Putzmeister America family. The company's workforce is dedicated to hands-on customer support and advancing the industry in design and technical innovation.