2009 and 2011 Series
The 2009 and 2011 engines achieve Tier III standards via the use of mechanical engine controls and direct fuel injection.
- 2009 Series includes three- or four-cylinder water-cooled engines and a turbocharged four-cylinder version with outputs from 20 to 67 hp at 1,500 to 3,000 rpm
- 2011 family of oil-cooled engines offer rating choices up to 99 hp with low fuel consumption and good cold starting
854 Series Tier IV Interim Engines
Perkins Engines completes its Tier IV Interim product range with its 60- to 115-hp 854 Series four-cylinder, 3.4-liter engine.
- Offer more power and torque from a smaller package
- Incorporate a common rail fuel injection system, smart waste-gated turbocharger and aftercooler, which are regulated by full authority electronic controls
- Develops a peak torque of up to 420Nm
- Available in the 2,200- to 2,500-rpm speed range
Perkins Engines, Inc.
HUSS MK Retrofit System
The HUSS MK retrofit system is approved for use on Volvo engines utilizing V-ACT technology with internal exhaust gas recirculation.
- Meets CARB Level 3+ requirements
- Capable of collecting up to 99% of diesel particulate matter emissions with no increase of NO2 or other secondary emissions
- HUSS Control Unit constantly monitors filter function to precisely control diesel PM loading and regeneration
- Adaptable to low- and high-horsepower equipment up to 700 hp
Volvo Construction Equipment
Interim Tier IV Engines
To meet Interim Tier IV emissions, John Deere Power System engines above 75 hp will couple the Tier III PowerTech Plus engine platform with cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and exhaust filter technology.
- 4.5L, 6.8L, 9.0L and 13.5L in-line, four- and six-cylinder models with a four-valve cylinder head, high-pressure fuel system, turbocharging and air-to-air aftercooling system
- Exhaust filter consists of a diesel oxidation catalyst and diesel particulate filter
- Optimized package size similar to their Tier III counterparts
John Deere Power Systems
The QSL9 8.9-liter engine platform is a fully integrated air-intake to exhaust aftertreatment system that is ready to meet EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB off-highway emissions.
- Top-rated power of 380 hp with peak power rising to 400 hp
- XPI Extra-High Pressure Injection fuel system
- Variable Geometry Turbocharger with a sliding-nozzle design
- Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation system
- Integrated particulate filter enables a 90% reduction in particulate matter
Cummins Engine Co., Inc.
Tier IV Interim Engines
The Cat C3.4B, C4.4 ACERT and C6.6 ACERT Tier IV Interim/Stage IIIB industrial engines offer ratings from 60 to 174 hp with maximum torque ratings from 310 to 609 lb.-ft.
- Available with a wide choice of options that are well suited for compact and midrange equipment
- Produce fuel consumption improvements across the entire horsepower band
- Achieve a 90% reduction of Particulate Matter (PM) and a 45% reduction of Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx)