Bergkamp Inc., based in Salina, KS, offers its Variable Width Spreader Box (VSB) to provide better flexibility for microsurfacing contractors that work on highways, roads and other pavements where the width fluctuates throughout the job.
The VSB can expand and contract while paving, so you don’t have to stop when the road changes — eliminating unwanted construction joints and increasing pavement driving quality.
It has four augers: the first two feed the material to the center of the box while the other two evenly distribute the mix during placement. As the box adjusts, the augers remain equally spaced apart so you get an even placement and a smooth finish.
Even at the smallest width, the auger blades never touch, making it easy to clean because the microsurfacing material doesn’t build up between them.
The VSB is available in 8- to 13-foot, 9- to 14-foot and 10- to 15-foot models. Widths up to 16 feet are available by special order. Each model allows you to pave at any width between the minimum and maximum size.
As the first of its kind, the VSB is made for Bergkamp pavers, but can also be customized for other brands.
It easily replaces standard boxes, connecting to the frame of the microsurfacing paver like other spreader boxes. The VSB is connected to the paver’s hydraulic system and adjusts by using the levers located on the handrails of the box.
The hydraulically driven ribbon augers are fully expandable, and feature a 12-inch pitch. Both the primary and secondary strike-offs feature a patented design that allows them to slide within a guide tube when the box expands or contracts while paving, and inboard runners provide clean longitudinal joints.
Along with the VSB, Bergkamp offers other spreader boxes for all applications, including:
- Hydraulic Spreader Box — Designed specifically for microsurfacing and quick-set slurry seal mixes. Once the pins are removed, widths can be hydraulically adjusted from 8 to 14 feet in 6-inch increments. Widths up to 16 feet are available by special order.
- Slurry Seal Box — Available with or without augers for typical slurry seal applications. The width is manually adjustable from 9 to 14 feet in 6-inch increments. Widths up to 16 feet are available by special order.
- Rut Box — Allows filling of wheel path ruts to the desired level without wasting material. Two independently adjustable V-shaped screeds channel the mix’s larger-sized aggregate to the deeper part of the rut. It is available in 5-foot or 6-foot widths.
904H compact wheel loader
The 9,900-lb. 904H compact wheel loader delivers an 8,003-lb. bucket breakout force and maximum hydraulic lift capacity of 7,464 lbs.
- 94-in. maximum dump height
- 52-net-hp turbocharged MHI S4Q2 diesel engine meets Interim Tier 4 regulations
- Closed-loop, single path hydrostatic transmission
- Available with a choice of couplers, including a universal-style coupler compatible with skid-steer-loader work tools
- Incorporates articulated steering, two-speed hydrostatic drive, Z-bar loader linkage and optional locking differentials for the front axle and oscillating rear axle
aluminum boxes and steel racks
DeWalt introduces its line of heavy-duty commercial rack, storage and carrier solutions for professional contractors. The latest addition includes more than 60 aluminum boxes and an assortment of fully adjustable steel and aluminum racks for jobsite vehicles. The industrial grade truck boxes are designed with a patented, fully foamed lid that provides a solid insulated core for added strength and rigidity. For increased security, each box has an enclosed locking mechanism to prevent bending or jamming of the locking system. These truck boxes are available in many sizes and styles which can be mounted in different locations in the bed of the truck. The heavy-duty industrial grade steel racks carry up to 1,800 pounds safely and securely through its exclusive heavy-duty SteelTruss load supports that connect the rail, cross and leg bars. The racks are secured by an innovative bracket support system which optimizes the stability of the rack.