800 Series Locator
The Pipehorn 800 Series pipe and cable locator features the same high-frequency (480 kHz) performance as the Classic Pipehorn.
- Works on tough conductors such as cast iron, un-energized power (street lights), tracer tapes and worn-out tracer wires, short side services and fiber
- Simultaneous conductive transmission of both high and low frequencies
- Fast-response signal strength meter and sharp audio tone for precise pinpointing in all conditions
Pipehorn Utility Tool Co.
D20x22 NAVIGATOR HDD
The D20x22 NAVIGATOR mid-size horizontal directional drill provides 2,200 ft.-lbs. of torque and 20,000 lbs. of pullback force.
- 83-hp Kubota turbocharged diesel engine
- Standard AutoDrill feature monitors changing soil conditions and adjusts the bore or pullback as necessary
- AutoResume function allows slurry and cuttings to mix by starting rotation before thrust/pullback resumes
- Compatible with Rock Adaptable Terrain Tool (RATT) system
- Uses 10-ft. forged one-piece Firestick rod
Vermeer Mfg. Co.
DD-2024 Directional Drill
The EarthPro Series DD-2024 horizontal directional drill offers 20,000 lbs. of thrust/pullback force with the capability of up to 2,400 ft.-lbs. of rotary torque.
- 85-hp Cummins B3.3C turbocharged diesel engine
- Quad rack-and-pinion drive with adjustable force limiter
- Offers independent rear stabilizers and a dual stake-down system
- Tethered travel control unit
- Front-drive track system for traction and balance
- Es!Lok system integrated into the drill controls for added safety
Directional Drilling Pipe
Underground Tools, Inc. is now a nationwide distributor of the Hunting Iberia Workstring drill stems Versions I and II.
- Also offers a range of downhole HDD tools
- Complete inventory in stock and available on demand
- DirtSmart customer service for technical support
Underground Tools Inc
GBM Guided Boring Machines
These Guided Boring Machines (GBM) install small-diameter pipes with grade and alignment precision.
- Launch and reception shafts strategically located to minimize surface disruption
- Three robust jacking frame configurations
- Used in conjunction with a theodolite guidance system to provide accurate pipe installation
- Available for installation of pipe in the 4- to 48-in. OD range in displaceable soil under 50 blow count
Akkerman Mfg., Inc.
The compact Grundodrill 4X is designed for residential service, small-diameter main installations, "last-mile" operations and gas pipeline applications.
- 9,800 lbs. of thrust and pullback
- Dual hydrostatic pump system
- Four-auger stakedown system
- Smart Vice system performs vice cycling operations automatically
The HydroBurst HB125 pipe bursting system is based on the Vermeer Navigator HDD platform and packs 250,000 lbs. of pulling force.
- Capable of replacing pipes from 4 to 20 in. in diameter
- Features a rotating rod string that can punch through collapsed lines
- 52-lb. rods enable use by a single operator
- Provides power to replace fracturable and non-fracturable pipes such as ductile iron, steel and PVC with the ductile slitter
Earth Tool Co., LLC - Hammerhead
The self-contained Innspector 07 hand-held "all materials" locator can detect most any type of pipe, cable or other target underground.
- Requires no separate transmitter, receiver or cables/wires/clamps and no calibration or tuning
- Two L.E.D. lights activate a laser beam that points directly to an objects location underground
- Depth up to 10 ft. achieved via triangulation
- Power provided by four "C" type batteries contained in the handle.
SubSurface Instruments Inc.
JT2020 Mach 1
The JT2020 Mach 1 directional drilling system offers 20,000 lbs. of pulling power, yet is quiet enough for operation in noise-sensitive areas.
- Rack-and-pinion thrust system
- Pipeloading system allows columns to be selected from the operators station
- Two-speed carriage drive
- Independent stabilizers and a simple anchoring system enable quick setup and the ability to secure the drill frame on uneven terrain
- 30-gpm drilling fluid system