800 Series Locator
The Pipehorn 800 Series pipe and cable locator features the same high-frequency (480 kHz) performance as the Classic Pipehorn.
- Works on tough conductors such as cast iron, un-energized power (street lights), tracer tapes and worn-out tracer wires, short side services and fiber
- Simultaneous conductive transmission of both high and low frequencies
- Fast-response signal strength meter and sharp audio tone for precise pinpointing in all conditions
Pipehorn Utility Tool Co.
D20x22 NAVIGATOR HDD
The D20x22 NAVIGATOR mid-size horizontal directional drill provides 2,200 ft.-lbs. of torque and 20,000 lbs. of pullback force.
- 83-hp Kubota turbocharged diesel engine
- Standard AutoDrill feature monitors changing soil conditions and adjusts the bore or pullback as necessary
- AutoResume function allows slurry and cuttings to mix by starting rotation before thrust/pullback resumes
- Compatible with Rock Adaptable Terrain Tool (RATT) system
- Uses 10-ft. forged one-piece Firestick rod
Vermeer Mfg. Co.
DD-2024 Directional Drill
The EarthPro Series DD-2024 horizontal directional drill offers 20,000 lbs. of thrust/pullback force with the capability of up to 2,400 ft.-lbs. of rotary torque.
- 85-hp Cummins B3.3C turbocharged diesel engine
- Quad rack-and-pinion drive with adjustable force limiter
- Offers independent rear stabilizers and a dual stake-down system
- Tethered travel control unit
- Front-drive track system for traction and balance
- Es!Lok system integrated into the drill controls for added safety
Directional Drilling Pipe
Underground Tools, Inc. is now a nationwide distributor of the Hunting Iberia Workstring drill stems Versions I and II.
- Also offers a range of downhole HDD tools
- Complete inventory in stock and available on demand
- DirtSmart customer service for technical support
Underground Tools Inc
GBM Guided Boring Machines
These Guided Boring Machines (GBM) install small-diameter pipes with grade and alignment precision.
- Launch and reception shafts strategically located to minimize surface disruption
- Three robust jacking frame configurations
- Used in conjunction with a theodolite guidance system to provide accurate pipe installation
- Available for installation of pipe in the 4- to 48-in. OD range in displaceable soil under 50 blow count
Akkerman Mfg., Inc.
The compact Grundodrill 4X is designed for residential service, small-diameter main installations, "last-mile" operations and gas pipeline applications.
- 9,800 lbs. of thrust and pullback
- Dual hydrostatic pump system
- Four-auger stakedown system
- Smart Vice system performs vice cycling operations automatically
The HydroBurst HB125 pipe bursting system is based on the Vermeer Navigator HDD platform and packs 250,000 lbs. of pulling force.
- Capable of replacing pipes from 4 to 20 in. in diameter
- Features a rotating rod string that can punch through collapsed lines
- 52-lb. rods enable use by a single operator
- Provides power to replace fracturable and non-fracturable pipes such as ductile iron, steel and PVC with the ductile slitter
Earth Tool Co., LLC - Hammerhead
The self-contained Innspector 07 hand-held "all materials" locator can detect most any type of pipe, cable or other target underground.
- Requires no separate transmitter, receiver or cables/wires/clamps and no calibration or tuning
- Two L.E.D. lights activate a laser beam that points directly to an objects location underground
- Depth up to 10 ft. achieved via triangulation
- Power provided by four "C" type batteries contained in the handle.
SubSurface Instruments Inc.
JT2020 Mach 1
The JT2020 Mach 1 directional drilling system offers 20,000 lbs. of pulling power, yet is quiet enough for operation in noise-sensitive areas.
- Rack-and-pinion thrust system
- Pipeloading system allows columns to be selected from the operators station
- Two-speed carriage drive
- Independent stabilizers and a simple anchoring system enable quick setup and the ability to secure the drill frame on uneven terrain
- 30-gpm drilling fluid system
McL-36/42 auger borer
This next-evolution McL-36/42 series is capable of bores up to 500 ft. in length and diameters as large as 42 in.
- Improved torque, plus a 75-hp Deutz diesel engine
- Delivers 400,000 lbs. of thrust
- OPC Clutch
- Hydraulic dog plate
McLaughlin Mfg. Co.
Model 12 Mighty Max
The Model 12 handles cased bores from 2 3/4 to 12 in. in diameter.
- Weighs just 880 lbs. for easy transport
- Spring-centered control valves offer easy control for even the most difficult bores
- Includes a 12-in. master pusher and saddle, 3-ft. track extension and two 20-ft. hose lengths
- Options include 9-ft. track sections and 4- to 10-in. casing attachments
Bor-It Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Porta-Mole Underground Boring System
The Trench-Mole underground boring system will bore both small holes for installations under driveways and parking lots and large holes for larger pipe installed on grade.
- Operates above ground with no extra digging required
- Boring unit lowers into the trench for a straighter boring angle
- Joystick aiming device for quickly boring small holes
- Bores 2- to 9-in.-diameter holes on grade through rock and hard soils
- Core bores through concrete and cleans culvert drains
Carlton International Mfg. Corp./Porta-Mole Boring Systems
RD7000 and RD800 Locators
The RD7000 and RD8000 pipe and cable locators are ergonomically designed to deliver a lightweight, energy efficient and well-balanced tool.
- High-end RD8000 with iLOC Bluetooth link and SurveyCERT feature is designed for multiple applications and industries
- RD7000 suited for operators requiring an application- or industry-specific locator with a cost-effective feature set
- Centros Enabled to improve the accuracy and repeatability of measurements and deliver greater responsiveness in the field
- Receiver and transmitter feature a large, high-contrast, backlit LCD screen that provides clear information in any light conditions
The SeekTech SR-60 utility locator is able to receive the full range of locatable frequencies, allowing it to be used with any pre-set frequency transmitter.
- Locates at a frequency range of 10 Hz to 490 kHz, and can tune the frequency 1 Hz at a time
- Passive search mode can be used to search all broad band passive frequencies at once for easy identification of unknown metallic lines in the target area
- Easy-to-read display visually maps the signal
- Program up to 30 field-configurable, user-designated frequencies
RIDGID, a subsidiary of Emerson