Gilsons SG-4 Asphalt Bulk Specific Gravity device is a quick and accurate method for
bulk specific gravity determinations of asphalt cores and gyratory specimens.
- Uses a precision micro-processor-controlled system to measure water displacement with accuracy
- Simple to use
- Uses no consumable products
- User is able to perform more than twice as many tests in the same amount of time
- Optional printer allows printing of results for a permanent record
Simple Performance Tester/Asphalt Mix Performance Tester
Interlakens new Simple Performance Tester is a computer-controlled hydraulic testing machine to conduct three NCHRP Project 9-29 compressive tests on cylindrical asphalt concrete specimens.
- Three tests include the Flow Time Test (Static Creep), Flow Number Test (Repeated Load) and the Dynamic Modulus Test |E*|
- "Magnetic-mounted" extensometers for deformation measurements
- UniTest, the fully integrated software for control, data acquisition and real time monitoring, features a test wizard to guide the operator through each testing process
- Real time graphic scope provides instant visual feedback of up to six channels of system data
- Pressure vessel and temperature chamber integrated
- High performance chiller quickly reaches desired temperatures, expediting sample preparation and testing durations to save time
The SmartPave from Anton Paar is a dynamic shear rheometer (DSR) combined with a new Peltier heating system.
- New easy-to-use software
- Fully automatic temperature calibration (no water flow around sample)
- Fast Peltier heating and cooling
SPT Asphalt Performance Tester
The InstroTek SuperPave Performance Tester (SPT) determines the performance of asphalt mixtures with respect to rutting and fatigue cracking.
- Integrated hydraulic testing machine incorporating a high performance hydraulic actuator, air-cooled hydraulic power pack, Control & Data Acquisition System (CDAS), a combined triaxial cell and environmental temperature control unit, all in one compact and affordable machine
Specifically designed to perform three tests developed under NCHRP projects 9-19 & 9-29, including the Dynamic Modulus Test that provides a stiffness value (E*) for the asphalt mixture; the Repeated Load/Flow Number Test that simulates different loading conditions from passing traffic by placing a repeated load on an asphalt sample until it flows; and the Static Creep/Flow Time Test that simulates a static load from stopped traffic by placing a steady pressure until the asphalt flows
Barnstead offers the Thermolyne SSDetect two-part system for determining the bulk specific gravity and absorption fo fine aggregate.
- Directly measures the saturated surface dry (SSD) condition through an infrared detection system tuned to water
SuperPave AFG2Gyratory compactor
Pines AFG2 is its third generation gyratory compactor which incorporates the newest technology that laboratory technicians need in a gyratory compactor.
- Built-in angle measurement capabilities
- Designed to account for frame compliance and dynamically compensates for varying mix stiffness.
- Internally stores results from 20 previous tests, including gyration number, specimen height, angle of gyration, consolidation pressure and sheer per gyration (optional)
ShedWorks Inc. manufactures laboratory and field asphalt mixture testing equipment for mix design, structural design, and construction quality control/assurance.
- Three models of computer controlled testing machines and three models of automated sawing and coring devices
- Testing machines available include an overlay tester, an indirect tension tester and a dynamic modulus hot mix asphalt tester, each of which have integral temperature control systems
- Dynamic modulus tester can be used to test 4" x 6" cylinders of asphalt (cut and cored from a larger gyratory compacted specimen) to obtain modulus and phase angle
- Indirect tension tester can handle 6-inch-diameter specimens and the overlay tester takes a small 3 x 6 beam made by cutting each side of a 6-inch core or gyratory specimen
- Version of the overlay tester is also available for testing crack sealant materials