A unique family of automated paving control systems that will bring the advantages of automatic asphalt paving control to every OEM and contractor and every budget has been announced by TSD Integrated Controls.
This announcement by TSD, a joint venture company of industry leading companies Topcon Positioning Systems and Sauer Danfoss, will literally change the asphalt paving industry worldwide, said Ivan Di Federico, TSD general manager.
The three new systems ReadyPave, MasterPave and AutoPave all feature easy-to-use, automated controls with millimeter accuracy, he says. The new systems use an array of new sensing technologies including the new dual sonic and Quattro ultrasonic sensors, advanced slope sensing technologies, laser scanning products and Millimeter GPS-controlled systems.
All three automated paving systems will be available before the end of the year.
ReadyPave is an economical system for pavers and profilers. "It was designed with the smaller pavers in mind," Di Federico says. "The durable design of the small, rugged system allows easy transport. Installation of the system takes just a few minutes."
He says an innovative dual ultrasonic design was created in an easy-to-install grade sensor. Additionally, the sensor provides an integrated LED display for real-time grade information. "This feature allows the operator to make any necessary corrections to ensure the smoothest finish job possible," he says. "The sensor also allows an on-the-fly installation of a temperature bail for maximum accuracy in all conditions.
In addition to being able to be used in configurations of multiple sensors averaging beams, the advanced sensor technology allows measure grade as close as 14 inches from the ground. This technology, combined with a blazing fast sampling rate, Di Federico says, ensures high reliability and accuracy even in the extreme side wind conditions.
The new any-job automatic control system for pavers and profilers, MasterPave is designed for medium and high range pavers. It uses the new Quattro grade, new slope, sonic averaging (SAS) and new road scanning (RSS) technologies in a single, unique platform.
The MasterPave system provides the following features:
- Unprecedented grade control with Quattro grade technology using a four- headed sonic sensor
- Stability of measurement and resistance to vibrations
- Industry-leading measuring accuracy
- LED visual indicators for all components, combined with a backlight graphical control panel for optimum visibility at night or in bright sunlight
- Rugged, easy-to-use and compact design
- Easy transport and mounting
- Full compatibility with products from the former System V range
- New advanced grade sensor design allows operation as close as 14 cm from the ground.
- New CanBus communications between the various elements of the system.
Used with the ADL-100 Mapping and Data Logging unit, users can add data logging and instant remote communications capabilities to the automatic paving system.
Using Topcon Millimeter GPS technology (see box for more details), AutoPave is the most automatic and advanced control system for pavers and profilers.
- Stringless, 3-D paving control
- Completely automates the paving process
- Offers Millimeter GPS vertical and horizontal screed positioning
- Can be installed on asphalt or concrete pavers
- Eliminates short range robotic optical control systems
- Engineering digital site plan utilized electronically
- Can be digitally updated wirelessly from the office with Topcon's SiteLINK technology.
AutoPave features include:
"For those operators demanding the most advanced technology available in precise positioning, the AutoPave system will fulfill those requirements," Di Federico says.
"Imagine obtaining the highest precision and productivity without the need for stringlines or the use of expensive robotic total stations. And, unlike robotic-guided pavers, there is no single-user limitations." ?