The World of Concrete is a once-a-year opportunity to see some of the newest products in the industry. The products on the following pages are some of those being highlighted at the show.
Arch-Crete forms from Architectural Concrete Creations are an integrated system that simplifies the process of attaining vertical textured concrete surfaces.
- Lightweight and easily maintained
- Last for more than 1,500 pours
- Average weight of 57 lbs.
Enviro-System Chute Bag
Enviro-System's Chute Bag solves the problem of disposing of concrete waste.
- Small, compact and easy to open
- Holds up to 3 cu. ft.
- Lined or unlined
- Small enough to move by hand
VIC SM 320 ShaveMaster
VIC International has introduced the SM 320 ShaveMaster, the first multipurpose concrete floor corrections machine capable of up to 1,000 sq. ft. per hour.
- Uses 50 diamond blades for coatings removal, joint repair, slurry cap removal, spalled out areas and more
- Self-propelled with both forward and reverse
- When coupled with the VIC vacuum, system is extremely green at only .003 microns of airborne dust
- Powered by a 15-hp, 460-volt, three-phase motor
- Weighs 716 lbs.
Kemiko Stone Tone Stain
Kemiko Stone Tone stain is designed for interior or exterior use.
- Reacts with concrete to create multihued color variations resembling marble or stone
- Economical, durable and easy to maintain
- Available in eight colors
Deslauriers Forming Products
Deslauriers Inc. offers products that make it easy to form professional-looking tapered holes in concrete for railings, awnings and other common uses.
- Easy to install and remove
- High visibility
- Accurate alignment — tip of tab is centerline of hole form
- Insert into fresh concrete for slabs over 6 in. thick
Quikrete FastSet Commercial Grade Concrete is a fast-setting, high early strength concrete.
- Sets in 20 to 30 minutes
- Less shrinkage than ordinary Portland cement concrete
- Achieves a compressive strength of 3,000 psi in three hours and 7,000 psi after 28 days
- Can be used at any thickness from 1 1/2 in. to 2 ft.
Transguard 4000 from Reef Industries provides an effective way to maintain appropriate moisture levels.
- Reduces cracking, scaling and dusting during the curing process
- Durability and strength of canvas, but the flexibility and ease of handling of a lighter material
- Low permeability
- Reflective against heat
LR Tools Power Pole
The Power Pole Finisher from LR-Tools Inc. is a 24-lb. concrete finishing trowel that has the ability to start finishing on wet concrete.
- Extension poles allow finisher to stand outside the formed area
- Works for flatwork, decorative concrete and stamping
- 7-lb., 25cc four-cycle engine meets EPA and California standards
ITW Red Head Advanced Threadform Technology
ITW now offers its Advanced Threadform Technology on the company's line of Tapcon anchors.
- Patented sawtooth design provides up to a 30-percent reduction in installation torque
- Thread pattern cuts its own grooves into concrete and optimizes pullout performance and installation speed
Bon Tool Kneeler Board
Bon Tool's foam kneeler board provides soft support for a variety of applications including concrete finishing.
- Cushion is made of absorbent foam polyurethane
- Pad is permanently set in a heavy-gauge, polyethylene tray that provides waterproofing and protects against sharp objects
- 24 by 14 in.
- Washable and chemical resistant
TimberStrand LSL Concrete Form Boards
TimberStrand LSL Concrete Form Boards from Weyerhaeuser are now available in standard lengths up to 20 ft. and up to 36 ft. by special request.
- Resists twisting, bowing and shrinking
- Available in form depths up to 16 in.
- Part of a family of forming products from Weyerhaeuser
Curb Fox 2000
Messinger Inc. will introduce the new Curb Fox 2000 at the World of Concrete.
- Paves curb and gutter up to 24 in.
- Slip-forms precise curbing with its electronic over hydraulic control system
- Sensors position the paver for elevation, steering and slope
- Can slip-form radii down to 24 in. with optional tight radius package