He says consumers interested in saving energy are learning about ICFs through TV programs, home shows and Internet research.
"It's not an easy sell because it's different," says Lindsey. "It's not what their parents lived in or what their neighbors lived in."
Jean Feingold is a Gainesville, Fla.-based writer who frequently covers concrete and other construction-related topics.
Xillix insulating concrete forms from Tritex are designed to meet or exceed building code requirements.
- Available in two core widths — 9.25 and 11.25 in.
- Quick stacking with fully reversible forms
Arxx Walls & Foundations insulated concrete forms offer energy savings, sound resistance and ease of installation.
- Reinforced with steel rebar
- Four-hour fire rating, far surpassing wood frame construction
- Energy savings of up to 50 percent compared to traditional construction methods
Nudura forms are lightweight, easy to maneuver and come to jobsite preassembled using Nudura's hinged folding web.
- No on-site assembly required, saving on labor
- Patented locking mechanism stops float and compression and eliminates need to secure forms with tape or wire
- Larger than traditional blocks, covering 12 sq. ft. for a sturdier wall form
The IntegraSpec system consists of stay-in-place expanded polystyrene form units suited for commercial, industrial, institutional and residential construction.
- Patented interlocking system eliminates concrete blowouts
- Now available with 5-in. web that, when combined with 2.5 in. of insulation on both sides, matches the standard 10-in. concrete masonry unit
Amvic's new AmDeck Floor and Roof System is a modular, lightweight, stay-in-place form for the construction of concrete floors and roofs.
- Made of expanded polystyrene
- Part of a full line of products for concrete construction, including ICFs and EPS insulation systems
BuildBlock insulating concrete forms are fully assembled, completely reversible and have convenient molded-in cut and measuring lines.
- Strong interlocking connections and high-density plastic web ties located 6 in. on center for extra strength during concrete pour