2.4L PowerTech Engines
The PowerTech M 2.4L engines and PowerTech E 2.4L engines under 75 hp are EPA Interim Tier IV compliant in advance of emissions regulations.
- PowerTech M 2.4L models feature mechanical unit pump fuel systems and turbocharged aspirations
- PowerTech E 2.4L models offer full-authority electronic engine controls and air-to-air aftercooled aspirations
- All models include two-valve cylinder heads, fixed-geometry turbochargers and 500-hour oil change intervals
John Deere Power Systems
2009 and 2011 Series
The 2009 and 2011 engines achieve Tier III standards via the use of mechanical engine controls and direct fuel injection.
- 2009 Series includes three- or four-cylinder water-cooled engines and a turbocharged four-cylinder version with outputs from 20 to 67 hp at 1,500 to 3,000 rpm
- 2011 family of oil-cooled engines offer rating choices up to 99 hp with low fuel consumption and good cold starting
The 3TNM68 vertical cylinder, four-cycle, water-cooled diesel engine features Indirect injection combustion.
- Three cylinders
- Rated output at 3,600 rpm
Yanmar America Corp.
The 800D range of naturally aspirated and turbocharged, four-cylinder, 3.3-liter engines are tailored to the medium-duty 47- to 62-kW (63 to 83 bhp) off-highway equipment sector.
- 4% increase in power and torque rise over the 800C Series
- Quieter combustion, a redesigned gear train and stiffer timing case reduce vibration and lower noise by over 2 dB(A)
- Same package size and hookups
- Meet Stage IIIA/Tier III emissions legislation
- Increase in top tank temperature minimizes impact on heat rejection
- 500-hour service intervals standard
Perkins Engines, Inc.
Compact Diesel Engines
The C0.5 to C2.2 industrial compact diesel engines include 10 models ranging from 11 to 66 bhp and meeting existing Tier 3/Stage IIIA and Tier 4 Interim emission standards.
- Turbocharged and air-to-air aftercooled versions
- Improved electronic-controlled governing
- Redesigned governor assembly and optimization of fuel and combustion systems improve startup and transient capability
- Noise reduction of more than 2 dB(A)
- More efficient cooling and high/low fan position options
- The E-Series diesel engine features E-TVCS (three vortex combustion system) technology.
- Offers reduced soot, unburned HC and CO emissions
- Produces less NOx than traditional direct-injection systems
Kubota Engine America Corp.
The QSB3.3 Tier III engine incorporates full-authority electronic controls and a High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel system.
- Power range extends from 80 to 110 hp
- Delivers a 30% power boost and a 40% increase in peak torque without impacting fuel consumption
- Precision electronic control of fuel meter and timing for easier cold start, improved idle stability and faster load acceptance
Cummins Engine Co., Inc.
Volvo Advanced Combustion Technology (V-ACT) includes an advanced fuel injection system, more effective air management system and enhanced engine management.
- Tier III/Stage IIIA-compliant
- Utilize Internal Exhaust Gas Recirculation (I-EGR)
- 7.2- to 16.1-liter in-line six-cylinder versions
- Latest generation engine management system (EMS 2)
- Fixed-geometry turbocharger on 9.4-liter and larger models
Volvo Construction Equipment