The National Pavement Expo (NPE) 2008 will be held January 30-February 2 at the Nashville Convention Center. In addition to myriad educational and networking opportunities, NPE will be showcasing the latest equipment and products to the asphalt industry. On the following pages are some examples of companies and products that will be featured on the exhibit floor.
K-M LB 2-16 Asphalt Recycler
Keizer-Morris International offers the LB 2-16 4'x4' which features a single operator, two independent zones and 16 square feet of infrared powered performance.
- Self-contained unit
- Unique folding design for transport ease
SealMaster Pavement Sealer
SealMaster's Pavement Sealer is available in asphalt, acrylic and coal-tar formulations.
- Nationwide manufacturing locations and distribution centers
- Protection from chemicals, moisture and oxidation
- Advanced polymer technologies available
Ray-Tech's RC8000 reclaims, holds, and stores plant mix and previously used asphalt at proper working temperatures.
- Manufactured for year-round road maintenance and patching programs
- 4-ton infrared combination reclaimer and storage unit
Asphalt Reheat Seam Heater EXT
The Seam Heater EXT from Asphalt Reheat Systems fits directly on various pavers to either side.
- 1- by 24-foot heating area cosisting of six independently operated sections
- Optional automatic thermo output control with capability of maintaining a joint temperature of 250 degrees at paving speeds up to 40 fpm
H-MACH FG110C Utility Fine Grader
The multipurpose FG110C?utility fine grader is powered by a 100-hp CAT 3054T Turbo Tier II diesel engine.
- ?10-foot sliding moldboard
- "Quick-attach" upfront with a loader option/sweeper/front blade/scarifier
- Tight turn radius and added maneuverability
- Suitable for asphalt paving contractors, general contractors, landscape contractors and municipalities
HDE Rubber Tire Roller Heater
The rubber-tire high-intesity infrared roller heater from Heat Design Equipment is designed to heat the tires without burning.
- Infrared sensor to turn heaters off when they have reached the desired temperature
- Ideal for use in cold temperature and polymer modified asphalt
Brewer Enhanced Latex Additive (ELA)
Brewer's ELA - Enhanced Latex Additive is designed to speed drying time.
- Improves flexibility
- Increases resistance to scuffing and power steering marks
- Improves aggregate bonding
Kasi Infrared Pro Heat 2000
The Kasi ProHeat 2000 infrared patching system includes a 48-square-foot UltraGlo pavement heater.
- 2- or 4-ton asphalt reclaimer
- Compactor lift; optional hydraulic compactor lift
- 30 cubic feet of storage area
- For repairing alligator cracking, potholes, utility cuts, settling against concrete walks or barriers
Sirocco 3K HTI from Airstar America
The Sirocco 3K HTI from Airstar America is designed to replace traditional floodlights on light towers.
- Glare-free light
- Can be adapted to existing tower
- Will illuminate 72,000 square feet, 360 degrees with 300,000 lumens
Wacker Asphalt Rollers
Wacker's ride-on asphalt rollers include the RD 12-90, RD 12A-90 and RD 16-90.
- RD 12-90 features a 20.5-hp engine while the RD 12A-90 features an 18-hp Honda; both models weigh 2,490 pounds, have a 35.4-inch drum width and feature a pressurized water system
- RD 16-90 diesel-powered unit features a ROPS and ergonomic operator's platform
- All models feature a design to eliminate overhang on the back of the machine for better visibility and allows the units to get right to the edge of the asphalt for a complete and smooth finish
?LD-7 from Blacklidge is designed to lock down loose rock.
- Nontracking and quick drying
- Black appearance makes stripping more visible
- Helps stop cracking
- Can be used as tack, prime or curing seal
Mauldin 1750-C Super Paver from Calder
Redesigned to save fuel, labor, and asphalt with increasing control, the Mauldin 1750-C Super paver from Calder Brothers features a 4,100-pound Symphony screed with four augers.