More and more often, contractors are being asked to refinish old concrete surfaces. On the following pages are some of the necessary tools to get the job done.
VIC International produces the Floormate diamond concrete grinders for surface preparation, coatings removal and glue or mastic stripping.
- Adjustable handle provides proper grinding weight control
- Potential production using Avenger II diamonds for grinding concrete is 3,000 sq. ft. per hour; 2,250 sq. ft. per hour for glue/mastic removal; and 2,500 sq. ft. per hour for paint removal
- Available in three different sizes
The Blastrac 1-10D blaster prepares concrete for recoating or application of overlays and easily removes markings, dirt and old coatings.
- Features a 10-in. cleaning path and can prepare 200 to 1,000 sq. ft. per hour
- Light, medium or heavy blast profile
- Travel speed 0 to 85 fpm
- Permanently attached power cord
- Easy-read gauge for blast load amps
The new Kut-Rite KR-10 scarifiers roughen, clean, mill and groove on surfaces including concrete, asphalt and aggregate stone.
- Powered by a 9-hp Honda gasoline engine
- 10-in. cutting width
- Can cover 450 to 600 sq. ft. per hour at a depth of 1/8 in.
- Available with Pulse-Bac industrial vacuum attachment
The CR48 is an operator-friendly floor finishing system designed for the preparation and restoration of concrete, marble, granite, terrazzo and other stone floors.
- Uses planetary three-head counter-rotation system to prepare or restore floors
- 6.5-gal. tank allows for continuous operation during wet applications
- Vacuum port comes standard for applications requiring dust control
General Equipment SG24/G
General Equipment's SG24/G gasoline-powered surface grinder features grinding systems for cleaning concrete and asphalt, producing exposed aggregate slabs and polishing delicate surfaces.
- Twin counter-rotating discs can work a 12- by 24-in. area
- Discs can be removed to attach 10-in. diameter, multi-segmented dry diamond discs
- Powered by 11-hp. engine
- Features adjustable handle and caster wheel height
EDCO Dual Disc Concrete Grinder
The EDCO Dual Disc Concrete Grinder repairs damaged slabs, removes deteriorated coatings and prepares surfaces for overlays.
- 11-, 22- and 36-in. working widths
- Various power options available
NLB Corp. Vortex
The Vortex 36-9950-15A from NLB Corp. removes coatings and other buildup from concrete.
- Rates of up to 2,000 sq. ft. per hour
- Rotating water jets deliver high-pressure water, up to 4,000 psi
- Vacuum recovery is included
The HTC 400 has a single rotating head for removing coatings and leveling high spots on concrete floors.
- Takes down joints and outer edges of flooring in residential or light commercial applications
- Small and easy-to-handle, weighing only 152 lbs.