Troxler Enhanced RoadReader Plus Model 3451
Troxler Electronic Laboratories has added the Enhanced RoadReader Plus Model 3451 to its line of nuclear moisture density gauges.
- Measures moisture and density of soils, aggregate, asphalt and concrete
- On-board Global Positioning System (GPS) and a wireless Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) user interface
- Density readings can be measured from 2 to 12 inches using the direct transmission method, or 1 to 4 inches with the backscatter method
- Moisture readings can be read up to 11 inches from the surface of the test material
The TransTech PQI301 is a non-nuclear pavement quality indicator designed to take fast, accurate measurement of hot mix asphalt density.
- Takes accurate density readings in three seconds
- Covered by AASHTO and ASTM test methods
- For perpetual pavement mixes
- Available in various languages
Interlaken Test System
Interlaken Technology offers a compact, servo-hydraulic test system that can perform a range of static and dynamic tests for both soil and asphalt.
- Fulfills the requirements of ASTM, AASHTO and SHRP specifications
- Several pre-programmed software applications are available, including fully integrated software for control, data acquisition and real-time monitoring
- Accessories and fixtures include environmental chambers, indirect tensile fixtures, magnetic-mounted extensometers and various load cells and triaxial cells
Malvern Control and Analysis Software for Rheometers
Malvern Instruments has launched a new software version for its range of Malvern Bohlin rheometers: Version 6.40.
- Incorporates many new features, including more flexible data analysis setup and automation and a completely new test type
- New analysis routines have been built into the software, including a new template wizard, improved model fitting capabilities, Time Temperature Superposition (TTS) analysis, and new data manipulation routines
- Extended language support with English, French, German and Spanish language versions available as standard, and the capacity for reconfiguration to support most major European languages
Hydronix Hydro-Probe II
The Hydro-Probe II digital microwave sensor is for on-line measurement of moisture in free-flowing aggregates on conveyors or in bins for asphalt production.
- Robust housing and hard-wearing ceramic face
- Simple to calibrate
- Easily connects to control system
Barnstead Thermolyne SSDetect System
Barnstead offers the Thermolyne SSDetect two-part system for determining the bulk specific gravity and absorption of fine aggregate.
- Directly measures the saturated surface dry (SSD) condition through an infrared detection system tuned to water
The SmartPanel from InstroTek is a replacement part for Troxler moisture-density gauges.
- Specifically made for models 3401 and 3411B
- Upgrades the software and the user interface and includes features such as RS232 communication, backlight for night use, self-test features and more
Geneq Micro-Deval Apparatus
Geneq’s Micro-Deval Apparatus evaluates the abrasion in presence of water for coarse and fine aggregates.
- Tests the resistance of fine and coarse aggregates to degradation by abrasion
- Available models include the one, two or three tier
- Standard with jars, balls, timer and magnet
- Available with electronic controller
Despatch RTF Oven
The Rolling Thin Film (RTF) asphalt oven from Despatch is designed for testing the effects of heat and air on moving films of asphalt in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO designations.
- Maximum temperature of 400 degrees F
- Digital temperature controls
Slip Asphalt Depth Gauge
With the asphalt depth gauge from Slip Industries, there’s no need to step onto hot asphalt to test asphalt depth or curb height.
- Lubricated gauge will not pull on asphalt or leave large holes
- Lube oil will not contaminant asphalt
- Probe cleaned each time its retracted back into the tool
Humboldt Roughometer II
The Roughometer II can be used to assess paved and unpaved roads by providing objective and repeatable data regarding the actual roughness level of the surface.
- Easily mounts to almost any vehicle
- Gathers data and transfers it to a PC
- Displays information in International Roughness numbers in both graphic charts and tables
- Data can be transported to spreadsheet and database programs
Gilson SP-55 Quartermaster
Designed to handle large samples required in Superpave specifications, Gilson’s SP-55 Quartermaster divides hot mix asphalt samples for quality control analysis.
- Field samples of 120 pounds are quickly reduced
- Large hopper reduces handling of hot material between procurement of initial field sample and production of lab samples
- Rugged steel construction
Pine RAM Device
Pine Instrument Co.’s Rapid Angle Measurement (RAM) device measures the internal angle on Superpave gyratory compactors without hot mix asphalt in under 30 minutes.
- Uses Invelop Load Simulator (ILS) method to imitate the forces applied to the gyratory compactor frame from within the mold
- Allows for a fast, accurate measurement that is reproducible