With more than 1,800 exhibitors at this year's World of Concrete, there was a lot to see. If you weren't able to make it to the show, or just couldn't cover the miles of exhibit space, here are some of the top products you may have missed.
EDCO's new CS-18 is a compact walk-behind dual-arbor saw with an 18-in. blade capacity.
- 3-V belt blade system with a tensioner pulley, which eliminates having to loosen engine mounts when changing belts
Mapei Concrete Renew
Mapei's Concrete Renew provides a uniform, fresh "new" finish to worn sidewalks, driveways, steps, pool decks and patios.
- Can be applied from featheredge to 3/16-in. depths
- Allows for slip-resistant broom finish and decorative trowel possibilities
- Hundreds of customizable designs and patterns available
- Modello can also create one-of-a-kind designs from original artwork or logos
- Designs are etched in place using gelled acids and stains
Metabo anti-theft system
Metabo has introduced an anti-theft protection system for its line of rotary hammers.
- The CODE! system operates via a one-touch infrared remote control that can be enabled or disabled using a single key or multiple keys
Stone Champion Silo Mixers
The Champion SM1200 and SM2000 offer 12- and 20-cu.-ft. capacities and can be used under any size silo.
- Power Blend system with heavy-duty triple-8 mixing action provides a smooth, uniform mix
- Suited for jobs where mortar, grout, plaster and color mixers are supplied in preblended bulk bags
- Adjustable legs allow positioning within any silo footprint, and facilitate leveling and positioning closer to silo discharge chute
- Bi-directional fork pockets
SPE-USA Mixit 25
The SPE-USA Mixit 25 is a lightweight, durable, portable mixer that can quickly disassemble for easy transportation in a van or car.
- Can effectively mix a wide range of materials including epoxies, repair mortars, adhesives and sealants
- Optional mixing paddle available for increased agitation
- Includes a disposable mixing container
enColor colors are predispersed iron oxide pigment solids in an aqueous base liquid for coloring countertops as part of the enCounter countertop system.
- Available in nine colors with an easy-to-use measuring and dispensing system
Sonoco introduces its new water-resistant Sonotube concrete form.
- Incorporates a proprietary, high-strength, water-resistant paper that allows contractors to set them in wet weather and pour concrete the next day
- New technology has been incorporated into all existing types and sizes
Allen Engineering Pro 900
Allen Engineering's Pro 900 edger riding trowel allows finishers to pan within 5/16 in. of walls, columns or pipes.
- 27-hp air-cooled Kohler engine
- Two rotating guard rings to allow finisher to edge at their preferred speed
- Two 36-in. diameter, four-bladed rotors
- Standard Fan Cooled (SFC) gearboxes
- Powered spray system for application of retardant
CS Unitec EBS 125
CS Unitec's EBS 125 walk-behind 5-in. concrete grinder is designed to handle tough jobs like removing epoxy, paint and other coatings.
- 14-amp motor
- Can also be used hand-held without the walk-behind cart
- Virtually dust-free when used with the CS 1225 Automatic Pulse Cleaning Vacuum System
- Motor is located away from dust flow zone for longer tool life
The Blastrac 1-9DEZ is a highly portable, lightweight shot blasting system used to prepare concrete surfaces prior to the application of paint or coatings.
- Runs on 120-volt power to strip, clean and profile in one step
- Can prepare up to 275 sq. ft. per hour.
CertainTeed has introduced the ThermaEZE Thermal Insulation System for above- and below-grade poured concrete walls.
- Set within the wall forms prior to pouring and held in place by a patented web structure
- Provide a minimum R-value of 11.5