The solution used includes:
- Asphalt silo load out — automatically controls load out in scale-under, back-weigh or weigh-batcher configurations; also supports a variety of lane and silo-per-lane configurations.
- Aggregate silo load out — similar configuration options to asphalt load out.
- Unattended kiosk — can be configured with RFID readers, keypads or other input devices; RFID read-only devices are also available.
- Remote printers — various industry printers can be placed on platforms either with kiosks or separately.
This solution is highly configurable, enabling field setup and implementation in a matter of weeks. This customer used BMG Seltec's software and implementation specialists to install multiple applications at this site. The implemented ticketing solution operates in a 'semi-unattended' fashion where the scale clerk's time is shifted to focus on drive-up and cash business, while their regular customers equipped with RF swipe cards move in and out of the quarry very quickly using one of three kiosks at the site.
Since implementing the three separate ticketing kiosks, the company can allow for quicker turnaround in the yard while focusing on more important customer response issues as well as sales management tasks. Sales managers are now assured that their orders are efficiently fulfilled, and that customers will be satisfied with quick and hassle-free service at the site.
The system nearly runs itself, and only rarely does it require human interaction to handle a ticketing transaction at the point-of-sale. Additionally, transactions are automatically sent to upstream systems in near real-time fashion, allowing for immediate operational reporting and accounting to take place.
From a support standpoint, changes to kiosks are easily implemented at any time with simple hardware extensions to the operating software.
Systems Control Centers
Systems control centers are designed specifically for the asphalt industry with an emphasis on rugged construction, operator comfort and logical integration of the plant controls.
- Portable, skiddable or stationary models are available and can optionally be provided with any necessary combination of automation, controls or switchgear
Astec offers the flexibility of Microsoft Windows 2000 and soft PLC engine.
- Run and monitor all plant functions from a standard PC, including blending operations, plant motors, motor currents, mix and plant temperatures, material inventory, silo levels, energy usage and alarm status.
- No traditional control panels needed.
- Flexible Profibus I/O
- Siemens WinCC MMI
- Runs on standard PC under Windows 2000
Dillman Equipment Inc. supplies a full line of comprehensive controls for both batch and continuous mix plants.
- Complete control systems and single control panels are available for any manufacturer's plant
- All control systems can be customized for a new plant or retrofited per specific requirements
- Technical support is offered 24 hours a day for customer service
Libra Enterprise Information Server
The Enterprise Information Server from Libra Systems is designed for plant-to-office integration.
- Changes made by office personnel are automatically sent to the plant computers
- Transactions and plant status are automatcially retrieved from the plants
- Includes user-friendly analysis tools
Stansteel Controls and Control Houses
Stansteel Asphalt Plant Products control houses feature proven PC-based technology for ease in equipment changes and updates.
- Automatic controls help the operator administer plant activities more efficiently for greater production
- Air pollution system controls
- Batch plant controls
- Cold feed system controls
- Custom control panels
- Drum mixer plant controls
- Loadout controls
- Rotary mixer controls
- Total plant control system with ACCU-TRACK
MPAQ TouchBatch Asphalt