Our website team here at Cygnus has been very busy this summer getting ready to launch our newly redesigned Construction Group’s portal site, ForConstructionPros.com. This portal site, which includes Asphalt.com, will still feature the great content you expect for asphalt contractors, including information that focuses on the three Ps of the asphalt industry – production, paving & preservation — but you’ll also be able to browse through other topics related to the construction industry.
On the new ForConstructionPros.com, we’ve organized magazine and web-exclusive content together in topic pages such as Road Building, Safety, Sustainable Construction, Fleet Management and Business Management to name just a few.
And the ForConstructionPros.com home page has become an even better place to browse and link to the “buzz” in the construction industry, including the latest news impacting construction business, new products and industry leading video coverage.
New features of the website include:
- Video-enhanced Equipment Network – The industry’s most expansive directory of construction equipment on the web now features videos.
- 5-star product rating system – The place for you to share your opinion on construction equipment.
- Construction News Tracker - A regularly scheduled Internet newscast exclusively for the construction industry.
- Social media integration –Be sure to find Asphalt Contractor on Facebook and Twitter to help connect you to our editorial and sales team as well as asphalt industry suppliers.
- Media center – One location with over 240 videos and podcast introductions of new products, business best practices, marketing and more.
We’re really excited about the five-star rating feature in the comments section of product pages. This is the place where you can share your personal experience with construction equipment. You’ll also find sections on many pages for “Most Popular” content items that show you what is gaining your peers’ attention.
Please let us know what you think of the new design — what you like and anything else you might need — by using the Disqus box on any story page or by sending me an email at Lisa.Cleaver@cygnus.com.