- Order the right size boom.
- Have a place prepared for the pump before it arrives on the job.
- Inform the operator of backfilled areas, soft or muddy areas, or underground obstructions.
- Have cribbing nearby the set-up area prior to the pump’s arrival.
- Monitor the set-up. Don’t let the operator cut corners or take chances.
Jobsite safety starts with the properly trained personnel. The ACPA offers the only nationally recognized safety certification program for concrete pump operators. There are more than 5,000 certified concrete pump operators nationwide. Learn more about the ACPA operator certification at www.ConcretePumpers.com. The website also offers free Safety Bulletins and videos while the ACPA Online Store sells a variety of safety DVDs, posters, decals and other materials.
Information provided by the American Concrete Pumping Association