Conference, exhibit floor and hotel registration for the 2014 National Pavement Expo is open online at www.nationalpavementexpo.com.
The 29th annual paving & pavement maintenance trade show and conference will be held Jan. 8-11 at the Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. It will feature more than 50 educational sessions, three days of exhibits, and two days of “live” outdoor demonstrations. Outdoor demonstrations will be conducted on Thursday, Jan. 9 and Friday, Jan. 10 in a parking lot on the convention center property.
“With the addition of outdoor demonstrations to NPE contractors can learn about techniques and processes in the conference program, visit with manufacturers of those types of products and equipment on the exhibit floor, and then actually see some of that equipment in action,” said Amy Schwandt, NPE show manager and publisher of Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction.
Schwandt said NPE selected the South Florida location at the request of exhibitors and attendees. “Contractors can visit a great location for some much-deserved R&R after what we hope is a very successful 2013, then they can attend NPE to get a jump on 2014,” says Schwandt. “By holding the show in Fort Lauderdale we also are able to host outdoor demonstrations, which is something we can’t do in other cities where we’ve held the show.”
Companies signed on to demonstrate are Bomag (milling), Buffalo Turbine (high-powered blowers), Carlson Paving Products (asphalt paving), Cimline Inc. (cracksealing), Elgin Sweeper Co. (sweeping), Heat Design Equipment (infrared repair), KM International (infrared repair), LeeBoy (asphalt paving), PolyCon (ultrathin concrete overlay), Schwarze Industries (Sweeping), SealMaster (cracksealing), Rayner Equipment Systems (sealcoating), Titan (pavement marking) and Waterblasting Technologies (marking removal).
Among the more than 50 educational sessions are 33 new topics, including:
- Parking Lot Cracksealing: How You Can Improve Your Operation, Todd Bruening, Parking Lot Maintenance
- Troubleshooting Sealcoating: Surface Prep, Application Techniques, Additives… with Q&A! Nick Howell, T&N Asphalt Services; Jack Moltz, Southern Emulsions; Cynthia Thompson, Star-Seal of Florida
- Adding Services – and Profits – to Your Striping Business, Robert Liles, Robert Liles Parking Lot Service
- The Other Side of Sealcoating: Tips for Profitability & Productivity, Nick Howell, T & N Asphalt Services
- Warm Mix Asphalt and Its Impact on Your Paving Operation, James Curtis, Chec Management Systems with Don Rooney, Pioneer Paving & Grading
Among the new management sessions are:
- Working the Night Shift: Tips & Techniques to Improve Productivity, Profitability & Safety, William G. Sirois, Circadian Technologies Inc.
- How to Get “Top Dollar” for Every Job, Jeff Stokes, Next Level Contractor System
- Mastering Influence: Building Customers for Life, Giselle Chapman, Chapman Business Solutions
- Breaking Through: Property Managers Tell You How to Get Their Business, a panel of high-level national property managers moderated by Michael Barrett, Pavement Layers.
- How to Gain Leverage for Your Business… And what that Means for Your Success, Mike Rorie, Go iPave
- Is it Time to Buy or Sell? Mergers & Acquisitions in the Pavement Maintenance Sector, Mark Herbick, Pursant
For details of the conference program including complete seminar descriptions, exhibitor list and to reserve a hotel room, visit www.nationalpavementexpo.com.