Conference, exhibit floor and hotel registration for the 2014 National Pavement Expo is open online at nationalpavementexpo.com.
Registration is now open for the 29th annual National Pavement Expo (NPE) trade show and conference, which will be held Jan. 8-11 at the Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. The annul paving and pavement maintenance event will feature more than 50 educational sessions, three days of exhibits and two days of “live” outdoor demonstrations. Outdoor demonstrations will be conducted on Thursday, Jan. 9, and Friday, Jan. 10, in a parking lot on the convention center property.
“With the addition of outdoor demonstrations to NPE contractors can learn about techniques and processes in the conference program, visit with manufacturers of those types of products and equipment on the exhibit floor, and then actually see some of that equipment in action,” says Amy Schwandt, NPE show manager and publisher of Asphalt Contractor and Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction, sponsors of the show.
Schwandt says NPE selected the South Florida location at the request of exhibitors and attendees who wanted a warm weather location for an off-season break. “Contractors can visit a great location for some much-deserved R&R after what we hope is a very successful 2013, then they can attend NPE to get a jump on 2014,” she says. “By holding the show in Fort Lauderdale, we also are able to host the outdoor demonstrations which is something we can’t do in other cities where we’ve held the show.”
Among the companies signed on to demonstrate are Bomag (milling), Buffalo Turbine (high-powered blowers), Carlson Paving Products (asphalt paving), Cimline Inc. (cracksealing), Elgin Sweeper Co. (sweeping), Heat Design Equipment (infrared repair), KM International (infrared repair), LeeBoy (asphalt paving), PolyCon (ultrathin concrete overlay), SealMaster (cracksealing), and Rayner Equipment Systems (sealcoating).
33 new educational sessions
In addition to the demonstrations NPE will offer more than 50 educational sessions including 33 new topics and 16 paving-related sessions. Paving sessions include:
- Warm Mix Asphalt and Its Impact on Your Paving Operation, James Curtis, Chec Management Systems with Don Rooney, Pioneer Paving & Grading
- Pavement Defects & Solutions, James Curtis, Chec Management Systems
- Effective Compaction of Hot Mix Asphalt, Jim Scherocman, Consulting Engineer
- Identifying, Preventing, and Solving Mat Problems, Jim Scherocman, Consulting Engineer
- Keys to a Profitable Project: Part 1, Materials Selection; Part 2, Pavement Evaluation, Wayne Jones, Asphalt Institute
- Successful Asphalt Placement & Compaction for Crews, Tim Murphy, Murphy Pavement Technology
- How to Get High-Quality Paving at Night, John Ball, Top-Quality Paving
- Applying “Best Practices” to Your Paving Operation (3 hours), John Ball, Top-Quality Paving
- Troubleshooting HMA Joint Construction, John Ball, Top-Quality Paving
- Paving Operations: How to “Train the Trainer,” John Ball, Top-Quality Paving
- Improving Your Infrared Pavement Repair Operation, Tom Eosso, Eosso Brothers Paving
- Reclaiming vs. Recycling Asphalt: Benefits, Differences, and Bottom-line Impact, Kurt Schwartz, KM International
- Increase Paving Productivity and Safety through Effective Use of Construction Sweeping, Debbie Jacketta, Jacketta Sweeping Service
Among new technical sessions are:
- Parking Lot Cracksealing: How You Can Improve Your Operation, Todd Bruening, Parking Lot Maintenance LLC
- Troubleshooting Sealcoating: Surface Prep, Application Techniques, Additives… and a Q&A! Nick Howell, T&N Asphalt Services; Jack Moltz, Southern Emulsions; Cynthia Thompson, Star-Seal of Florida
- Adding Services – and Profits – to Your Striping Business, Robert Liles, Robert Liles Parking Lot Service
- The Other Side of Sealcoating: Tips for Profitability & Productivity, Nick Howell, T & N Asphalt Services
- Pavement Preservation Using Asphalt Rejuvenators, Connie Lorenz, Asphalt Restoration Technology Systems
- Asphalt Maintenance Basics: Cracksealing, Patching, Sealcoating & Overlays, Tim Murphy, Murphy Pavement Technology
Among the new management sessions are:
- How to Get “Top Dollar” for Every Job, Jeff Stokes, Next Level Contractor System
- Mastering Influence: Building Customers for Life, Giselle Chapman, Chapman Business Solutions
- How to Gain Leverage for Your Business… And what that Means for Your Success, Mike Rorie, Go iPave
- How to Plan, Run & Profit from a Pre-Construction Meeting, Brad Humphrey, Pinnacle Development Group
- The Dollars and Sense of Conducting a Post-Job Review, Brad Humphrey, Pinnacle Development Group
- Is it Time to Buy or Sell? Mergers & Acquisitions in the Pavement Maintenance Sector, Mark Herbick, Pursant LLC
- 7 Employment Trends for 2014 and What They’ll Mean for Your Business, Michael Short, Littler
For details of the conference program including complete seminar descriptions, to learn which companies are exhibiting, and to reserve a hotel room visit nationalpavementexpo.com.
Check out the following pages for a glimpse of just some of the companies you can visit and products you can see while in Fort Lauderdale.
Hope to see you there!