Welcome to the Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction survey of paving & pavement maintenance contractors. Our hope with this survey is to develop verifiable Top Contractor listings in each of five industry segments: Paving, Sealcoating, Striping, Sweeping and Pavement Repair. To do that we need to know:
- Gross Sales Volume for your fiscal year 2013 (regardless of the date that fiscal year ended)
- A breakdown by percentage of the type of work that generated those 2013 sales
- Third-party verification of that sales total (see additional explanation at the end of the survey)
To determine whether a company qualifies for one (or more) of our five lists we will multiply your total 2013 sales dollars by the percentage of work done in each industry segment. For example, if a contractor reports $1 million in 2013 sales and generated 40% of those sales from sealcoating, the number used to determine qualification for the Sealcoating Top Contractor List would be $400,000 ($1 million x 40%).
Note: No sales figures will be reported or published; sales figures will be used only internally for determining each list. Also, no contractor will be eligible for the list without third party verification of your FY 2013 Gross Sales Volume.
There are 3 ways to complete and submit this form:
- Online at http://topcontractor.questionpro.com
- Complete a hard copy and fax (708-531-1613) or mail it to Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction, Top Contractor Survey, 1233 Janesville Avenue, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538; Attn. Jessica Stoikes.
- Complete a hard copy, scan and e-mail to email@example.com
Thanks very much for your participation. We do appreciate it. Should you have any questions please call Allan Heydorn at 708-531-1612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed for consideration.
Name & Title of Person Completing This Form
*First ________ Last ___________ e-mail ____________ Phone ____________
Company Name (as you would like it to appear on the magazine)
Phone Number with Area Code
Years in Business ____
Please indicate your number of employees at peak season (if employees fulfill more than one function please include them in the category they perform most often):
__ Office Staff
__ Field Supervisors
May we contact Your Company by e-mail? ____ Yes ____No
- * What is your company’s Total Gross Sales for your fiscal year 2013? ____________ (This figure used internally for ranking purposes only; it will not be published.) Please round to whole dollar amounts. (Example: 1,548,222)
2. * What percentage of your fiscal 2013 Total Gross Sales is represented by each of the following areas (must total 100%):
__ Pavement Repair
__ Production of hot mix asphalt (plant operation)
__Other (explain) ________________________________
3. * What percentage of your fiscal 2013 Total Gross Sales is generated from work done on each of the following (must total 100%):
__ Parking lots
__ Other (explain) __________________________________________
4. * What percentage of your fiscal 2013 Total Gross Sales is generated from each of the following types of customers (answers must total 100%).
__ Municipal (state/local agency)
__ Multi-family residential (apartments/condos/HOAs)
__ Single-family residential
__ Other (explain) ________________________________________________
5. * What percentage of your fiscal year 2013 Total Gross Sales is generated by working as a subcontractor for other contractors? _______
6. * Do you self-perform more than 50% of your work?
7. What was your overall company-wide profit margin in FY 2013? (Not for publication; results will be presented for the industry as a whole.)
__ Less than 3%
__ More than 15%
8. How many different customers did you work for in FY 2013?
__ Fewer than 100
__ More than 400
9. How many different jobs did your company complete in FY 2013?
__ Fewer than 100
__ More than 400
10. What is the estimated replacement value of your fleet of equipment (including trucks)?
__ Less than $250,000
__ $250,000 - $500,000
__ $500,000 - $1 million
__ $1 million - $2 million
__ More than $2 million
11. Did your company contribute time, materials or funds for any community or charitable program? (Please attach verification)
Organization _______________________ Contribution ___________________________
Signature __________________________________ Title (please print) _________________________
IMPORTANT! SALES VOLUME VERIFICATION
To qualify to have your Top Contractor application included in the lists and considered for Top-performer Awards, third-party verification of your FY 2013 Total Gross Sales is required from your company’s CPA, an independent CPA or your accounting firm, or a copy of the appropriate page from your tax return. Verification must be on the CPA or accounting firm letterhead (no photocopies) and must include a statement to the effect that “I have reviewed the company’s Top Contractor application, and the FY 2013 gross sales response to question Number 1 is accurate to the best of my knowledge.” The letter must be signed and dated and include the person’s name, title and telephone number. No financial information will be revealed; it will be used only internally to determine qualification for each listing.
Send Verification to:
Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction
2013 Top Contractor Application
1233 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
Attn. Jessica Stoikes
Allan Heydorn, Editor