There’s no doubt that CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 will be the global industry gathering place in 2014 and an awesome adventure for asphalt contractors. The largest construction trade show in North America will be held March 4-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, will spotlight safety and education/training and offer 2,400 exhibitors showcasing new products and technologies from for every major construction industry including asphalt, aggregates, concrete, earthmoving and more.
Over 130,000 attendees, including contractors, dealers & distributors, engineers, producers, and municipalities, will be viewing the what exhibitors have to offer. Attendees can efficiently plan their visit with the interactive online show planner, now available as a free mobile app, for added convenience and to stay connected during the shows.
The app, sponsored by Caterpillar, allows attendees to search show maps and exhibitor lists by hall/lot location, booth number, company name and type of product. They can assemble their personalized daily schedule of booth visits and education, and edit it pre-show and onsite. The mobile app will be continually updated with exhibitor and event information and an up-to-the-minute Twitter feed. Go to app.core-apps.com/ceca2014? to download the app for free.
Education, new lot focus on asphalt
CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 offers 120 sessions across 10 tracks to target a full range of attendee interests, including equipment management and maintenance, safety & regulations, recycling & preservation and asphalt.
The new recycling and preservation educational track that will focus primarily on techniques and innovations in asphalt paving, recycling, materials, and plant management. The track will include:
- Cold Central Plant Asphalt Recycling
- Use of Pavement Preservation Treatments in the U.S.
- LEED Credit: Stabilization of Marginal or Contaminated Soil For On-Site Reuse
- Using Recycled Shingles In Asphalt
- Milling for Smoothness While Maintaining Production
- Expand your Market with In-Place Recycling
The five-day exhibition also includes a new Platinum Lot that will include 387,000 square feet of equipment for aggregate processing, asphalt paving, drilling, and more.
A new Demolition & Recycling Pavilion will help promote safe and economically feasible recycling of recoverable construction and demolition materials
Save time for fun
Of course, if you’re in Vegas, you have to save some time for fun. Let’s face it, Vegas can be expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to stay holed up in your hotel room. Las Vegas has plenty of free attractions to keep you busy. Here are just a few you can check out during your free time:
- The Aquarium at the Silverton Hotel: Just five miles off the Vegas Strip is the Aquarium at the Silverton Hotel. Open 24 hours, visitors can feed the fish, check out the mermaid show or just go to see the 160 species of fish from around the world.
- Fountains of Bellagio: If you haven’t seen the water and music show of the fountains outside the Bellagio, definitely check it out. Starting in the afternoon, shows run every half hour to every 15 minutes.
- Fremont Street Experience: Want a glimpse into vintage Vegas, check out the Fremont Street Experience located downtown near the Plaza hotel on Fremont Street. Check out the Viva Vision canopy where every hour from dusk to midnight you can see shows broadcast on the screen including “A Tribute to Queen” and “KISS Over Vegas.” In addition to the shows, there is also a zip-line where riders can fly by right below the Viva Vision canopy.• The Sirens of TI: Located at the front entrance of the Treasure Island hotel, this 18-minute production has sirens battling pirates, an elaborate set, bursts of flames and a fireworks finale. Shows are performed three to four times daily starting in the evening, weather permitting.• Sunset Stampede at Sam’s Town: A little farther away, about 20 minutes from the Strip, step inside Mystic Falls Park – a lush forest in the middle of the desert. See the 10-minute Sunset Stampede laser light and fountain show or check out the 25,000-square-foot atrium.
- Gaming Lessons: Looking to brush up on your gaming strategy or learn a new game? Most major casinos offer free gaming lessons every day. During gaming lessons, instructors teach you the basic rules and object of the game and usually deal out some example hands.
For more information on CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014, visit conexpoconagg.com. Be sure to make plans to stop by the Asphalt Contractor Booth #12403. See you in Vegas!