Carbon monoxide safety

I recently heard about a tent camper who died of carbon monoxide fumes emitted by a nearby generator and it got me thinking about how careful construction workers need to be when working with gasoline-powered construction tools indoors or in enclosed spaces. It's important to make sure you're working in a properly ventilated workspace when using gas-powered saws, power trowles, generators and so on. Headaches, drowsiness and nausea are some of the early signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Remind your employees and co-workers of the dangers of carbon monoxide on the work site. OSHA offers tips on how to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning in English and Spanish.

Loading