Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national association with 75 chapters representing 23,000 merit shop construction and construction-related firms with nearly two million employees. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry.
- ABC is the construction industry's voice with the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government and with state and local governments, as well as with the news media.
- ABC's mission is the advancement of the merit shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free-enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
- Through its national office and chapters, ABC's objective is to provide its members with an organization to deal with issues on an industry-wide basis.
- ABC's activities include government representation, legal advocacy, education, workforce development, communications, technology, recognition through national and chapter awards programs, employee benefits, information on best practices and business development through an online contractor search directory.
ABC was founded in 1950 when seven contractors gathered in Baltimore, Md. to create an association based on the shared belief that construction projects should be awarded on merit to the most qualified and responsible low bidders. Their courage and dedication to the merit shop philosophy spread rapidly, and within time, ABC became the fastest-growing association in the United States. Today, ABC is recognized as one of the leading organizations representing America's business community and the merit shop construction industry.
- 4250 N. Fairfax Drive
- 9th Floor
- Arlington, VA 22203-1607
- United States
- Phone: (703) 812-2000
- Toll Free:
- Website: http://www.abc.org
Want to know more about Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. Get Info Now