Designed for use in commercial, institutional, retail, and low- to high-rise construction, ThinCast provides architects with the natural beauty and character of concrete in lightweight panels that accomplish their rainscreen design goals.
"ThinCast allows rainscreen panels to showcase the iconic surface of real concrete," says High Concrete Group President J. Seroky. "Rainscreens are in demand and this product was created to meet a need that designers expressed to us."
Seroky expects the rainscreen cladding market to grow by more than six percent annually through 2024.
The panels are available is six sizes and eight colors. They are three-quarters of an inch thick and weigh about 10 pounds per square foot.
The panels use a high-performance concrete mix and further increase strength and durability by using corrosion-resistant stainless steel prestressing wires. ThinCast meets applicable building codes and standards for rainscreen applications when properly installed on commercially available bracket systems.
The product is ideal for commercial, health care, higher education, residential, and retail storefront projects.
Application: Exterior / interior open joint, back ventilated rainscreen
Installed Weight: 10.0 PSF
Finish: Integrally colored panel with a media blast finish on exterior face only
Colors: Alabaster, Aluminum, Khaki, Stone, Sterling, Pewter, Iron, Obsidian
Standard Nominal Sizes: 72”x 48”, 72”x 24”, 72”x 18”, 48”x 48”, 48”x 24”, 48”x 18”
- Butt joint. Prestressing wire exposed to view on one end of butt joint condition.
- Quirk miter. Prestressing wire not exposed to view on quirk miter joint condition.
Joint Width: 0.50” minimum. Coordinate joint width and locations to accommodate story drift, window openings, penetrations and other features.
- 28 Day Compressive Strength: 7,500psi (51.7 MPa), minimum per ASTM C39.
- Entrained Air Content: ACI 318; 7.5 ± 1.5 percent per ASTM C231
- Freeze-thaw Resistance: Relative dynamic modulus ≥ 90% per ASTM C666
- Flexural Strength: 650 psi minimum, per ASTM C78
- Modulus of Elasticity: 4,433,000 psi minimum, per ASTM C469
- Type 316 Stainless Steel Wire.
- Conforms to Federal Specification RR-W-410 Type VI, class 2, 7x7
- ASTM A492 – Standard Specification Stainless Steel Rope Wire
- ASTM A1023 – Standard Specification for Carbon Steel Wire Ropes for General Purposes
- Minimum break strength of 920lbs
- ASTM E136: Non-combustible
- ASTM E84: Class A rating