Volvo Construction Equipment is boosting its compact excavator range with two new models: the zero tailswing radius ECR50 and short swing radius ECR58. The 5-ton ECR50 is a new entry in North America, while the 6-ton ECR58 gains performance updates from the D-series model.
- In-track boom swing ensures swing post and cylinder remain within the track width when digging alongside obstacles
- ECR50 features reinforced digging equipment, undercarriage and hoods for increased durability, plus a 50-hour greasing interval, wide-opening engine hood and easily accessible service points
- ECR58 has a 10% increased lifting capacity compared to the D-series, 5% greater bucket breakout force and 7% greater arm tear-out force to handle bigger attachments even in challenging ground conditions
- Powered by 41.8- and 48-hp Volvo engines
- Feature 8,134 and 9,422 lbs. of breakout force and tear-out forces of 5,834 and 6,387 lbs.
- Standard ECO mode, engine auto-idle and auto-engine shutdown features
- Spacious cabs with intuitive controls with an automotive-style menu wheel and 5-in. color display, plus plentiful storage, 12-volt and USB ports
- Eligible for a free year of the ActiveCare Direct advanced telematics service