AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Feb. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Vehicle buyers are spending more and more to personalize and accessorize their rides. Consumer spending for Mopar® accessories on Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® and Ram vehicles nearly doubled in 2010.
"More of our customers are driving out of our dealerships with Mopar accessories on their vehicle," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group's service, parts and customer-care brand. "With 16 new vehicles including our new Fiat 500, Mopar will add more than 1,500 accessories to our portfolio this year."
Mopar currently offers more than 8,000 proven, quality-tested accessories. Following is a list of Mopar's top-10 selling accessories in 2010:
1. Wheel Lock Kit: Wheel locks are available for most models and have an exclusive key code for maximum protection. Available in one- and two-piece styles, kits include four or five chrome-plated locking nuts, and one exclusive Mopar key. The kit protects against wheel and tire theft without affecting wheel balance. (MSRP ranges from $44 – $46, depending on vehicle and part application)
2. Roadside Safety Kit: Safety kit includes flashlight, fleece blanket, six-gauge jumper cables, safety triangle, screwdrivers, pliers, two bungee cords and gloves. (MSRP: $103.00, Part No. 82211983)
3. Mopar Portable Navigation System: This Garmin nuvi® 1490T premium system packs a ton of features into a slim design with a 5-inch screen. The system includes lane-assist with junction view, pre-loaded maps, pedestrian navigation options, traffic alerts, ecoRoute™ that calculate a fuel-efficient route, integrated hands-free Bluetooth® wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker, integrated FM traffic receiver, and free lifetime traffic updates. (MSRP: $309.00, Part No. 82212211)
4. Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): Mopar's industry-first Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS) works 24/7 with nationwide coverage to keep track of your vehicle. This GPS-enabled real-time tracking system includes a $1,000 Theft Protection Warranty and is transferable. Optional upgrade plans provide Emergency Service Dispatch and an OnCall™ on-board panic button. Features such as setting speed and distance parameters with text alerts, unlimited online tracking, and full concierge service are also offered. (MSRP: $459, Part No. 82212457)
5. Premium Carpet Floor Mats: Thick, durable and color- matched for a strong, integrated appearance. Front mats feature a rubber-nibbed backing to keep them firmly in place and are custom-contoured for an exact fit. (MSRP ranges from $36 – $118, depending on vehicle and part application)
6. Slush Mats: Custom-fit mats feature deep grooves that help prevent water, snow, and mud from ruining vehicle's carpet. Mats are available for front and rear compartments depending on vehicle model. (MSRP ranges from $41 – $162, depending on vehicle and part application)
7. Molded Splash Guards: Mopar splash guards offer long-lasting durability. They are custom-contoured for a stylish flare and deflect gravel, salt and other road debris away from the vehicle. Sold in pairs and feature a vehicle or brand logo based on vehicle or part application. (MSRP ranges from $45 - $55, depending on vehicle and part application)
8. Mopar Bedliners: Skid Resistor bedliner's ribbed construction helps keep cargo from shifting and promotes drainage from bed. Mopar liners are molded of a high-density polyethylene blend for added durability. Tailgate cover also included. Also available for Ram 1500 RamBox. (MSRP: $336, part numbers vary depending on vehicle and application)
9. Chromed Tubular Side Steps: Mopar's heavy-duty premium steps are built to last and are available in chrome or black depending on vehicle. Side steps feature slip-resistant step pads for easy vehicle entry and exit. (MSRP ranges from $327 - $717, depending on vehicle and part application)