The Associated General Contractors of America and American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry present a distinguished panel experienced in construction contract drafting and negotiation. The speakers will identify some of the most onerous commonly used contract clauses in prime agreements as well as subcontracts. This interactive panel, representing an Owner's, Constructor's and Specialty Contractor's point of view, will demonstrate negotiation strategies to teach you tips and tricks. By the end of the webinar, you will be able to identify, analyze, and negotiate (out of) killer contract clauses to help you survive.
- Identify commonly used "killer clauses" that shift risk in construction contracts between owners and constructors as well as constructors and specialty contractors
- Understand how state laws affect the enforceability of certain contract provisions
- Analyze negotiation strategies when negotiating "killer clauses"
- Joanne Linley, Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
- Bruce W. Merwin, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Tracy L. Steedman, Niles Barton Wilmer
- Moderator: Brian Perlberg, AGC
Price: $149/Members $229/Non-Members
Duration: 90 minutes
AGC on-demand webinars provide an asynched audio and visual presentation. On-demand webinars can be viewed at any time.