Two new categories of recognition, including a C&D Recycling Hall of Fame, have been developed by the Construction Materials Recycling Association. The awards will be announced at C&D World, the association’s Annual Meeting, April 20–23 in Tampa.
Also new is the Member Of The Year Award bestowed on the association member who has done the most to advance the association’s agenda during the past year. In addition, the association will continue to honor the most important person in C&D recycling with its annual C&D Recycler of the Year Award.
“The establishment of a Hall of Fame provides a way to spotlight the pioneers and leaders in the C&D industry,” says John Adelman, current CMRA president and president and CEO of CPRC Group. “But our goal with all these awards is to recognize excellence within the C&D recycling industry. It always means more when the recognition comes from one’s peers.”
Below is a description of the different awards. Nominations will be reviewed and winners determined by a committee of CMRA. Entries are due by February 1, 2013, and can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. For more information, contact the CMRA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C&D Recycling Hall of Fame
This institution is to honor those prominent leaders and pioneers in the construction and demolition recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry and who have earned the respect of the industry, and those who have made an extraordinary contribution to their community, both personally and professionally. Candidate requirements include:
1. Must exemplify leadership, defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the industry and to improving the processes, efficiencies and/or the human relations of the industry in an active capacity for a minimum of 10 years.
2. Business actions and personal behavior should demonstrate courageous thinking and actions as well as vision and innovation.
3. Candidates can come from the industry as an owner, operator or vendor.
Association Member of the Year
The Member of the Year will be selected based on extraordinary service to the mission of the organization and the C&D Recycling industry during the previous 12-month period. Candidates must exemplify leadership, defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the Association and to lending quantifiable contributions to association. They must either serve on a Committee or the Board of Directors.
C&D Recycler of the Year
The Operator of the Year is meant to honor those recycling operations in the construction and demolition recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry through the one or more of the following criteria:
• Advancing business operations that result in increase recycling percentages
• Developing novel methods of marketing and conducting business
• Innovative practices in employer-employee relations
• Ensuring safer operations
• Protecting the environment
• Developing industry standards