BidClerk - a provider construction project data and marketing tools to manufacturers, contractors, and distributors – announced today that an analysis of the top 25 Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) by the BidClerk Construction Index (BCI) showed every MSA experiencing increases in the number of 2012 construction concrete contracts over 2011 figures. The data was generated for actively bidding commercial construction.
According to the BCI, the combined 25 MSAs show a 2012 year-over-year increase of 18.6 percent in number of concrete contracts. Just six of the 25 MSAs analyzed by the BCI showed single-digit increases, year-over-year. Nineteen MSAs showed double-digit increases in concrete contracts, including remarkable increases in:
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, Ore.-Wash., with a 44.5 percent increase
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif., with a 39.6 percent increase
- Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, Ill.-Ind.-Wis. MSA with a 34.2 percent increase
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif., with a 32.3 percent increase
- Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas, showed a 30 percent increase
- Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, Colo., showed a 29.3 percent increase
The 2012 average value per concrete contract was $3,241,168.45.
Full results are available at the BidClerk booth (C-4028) at the World of Concrete trade show, February 5-8, 2013 in Las Vegas. When visiting the BidClerk booth, any trade show attendee can register to win an Apple iPad Mini or a free 90-day banner ad on BidClerk.com.
List of 25 MSAs surveyed by the BCI
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga.
- Baltimore-Towson, Md.
- Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, Mass.-N.H.
- Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, Ill.-Ind.-Wis.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, Colo.
- Detroit-Warren-Livonia, Mich.
- Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn.-Wis.
- New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, N.Y.-N.J.-Pa.
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, Pa.-N.J.-Del.-Md.
- Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale, Ariz.
- Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, Ore.-Wash.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.
- Sacramento–Arden-Arcade–Roseville, Calif.
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Wash.
- St. Louis, Mo.-Ill.
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla.
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, D.C.-Va.-Md.-W. Va.