Paul Wolff Company's work at a 19,400 square-foot dining facility at William Jessup University in Sacramento, Calif., won the Grand Prize award in L. M. Scofield Company's Decorative Concrete Awards.
The dining area at William Jessup University features an open-style kitchen and specialty eatery areas that focus on providing convenient, fast fresh food.
Paul Wolff Company incorporated curves and four colors of Lithochrome Chemstain Classic into the floor design.
Projects are judged on skill of installation, creativity, artistic expression and integration with the overall design intent.
L. M. Scofield Company announced the winners of its Fifth Annual Decorative Concrete Awards contest. The Grand Prize award went to Paul M. Wolff Company, Lindon, Utah. The company's winning entry is a 19,400 square-foot dining facility at William Jessup University in Rocklin, Calif. The open-style kitchen and specialty eatery feature a uniquely designed dining facility highlighted by an exhibition kitchen where diners receive an interactive experience with the open-style setting as they watch their food being prepared. The area includes a late-night, gas-fired pizza oven, fresh bakery, coffee/espresso bar and private dining rooms.
Paul M. Wolff Company utilized four colors of Lithochrome Chemstain Classic, in Dark Walnut, Weathered Bronze, Padre Brown and Antique Amber. The project was finished with Scofield Selectseal-W. The design incorporates colors and curves while it complements the other architectural features in the space.
Scofield received 50 entries in this year's awards, which are open to any contractor, architect or designer who uses or specifies Scofield Systems. Projects are judged on skill of installation, creativity, artistic expression and integration with the overall design intent. Eight other finalists were recognized for their projects:
- Alternative Floors, St. Augustine, Fla. - Costa Farms project
- Architectural Concrete Inc., Louisville, Ky. - ACI company offices
- Premier Concrete Construction, Wilton, N.H. - UCONN Health Center
- Kern Enterprize, Highland, Mich. - Holocaust Memorial Center
- Capitol Decorative Concrete, Piedmont, S.C. - Karanikas residence
- Greystone Masonry, Stafford, Va. - Radius driveway
- Maverick Specialty Contracting, Seattle, Wash. - Red160 Apartments
- The Concrete Artist, Marlton, N.J. - Hayken residence