One man is dead and three others suffered electric shock after a large tent they were putting up in southwestern Ontario touched a hydro wire.
Ontario Provincial Police and emergency crews responded to a call around 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, in LaSalle Line, located southeast of Watford, Ont.
Police say a six-man crew was pitching a large tent for a backyard wedding when the tent made contact with the wire. Four of the men were injured and taken to area hospitals.
Lambton OPP said in a statement that one of the men has since died as a result of his injuries while the other three remain in hospital with serious injuries.