Live equipment demonstrations, nationally accredited certification examinations, education sessions and practical examiner training will all go to make for the largest ever participation at any construction event in almost two decades by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) at the forthcoming CONEXPO/CON-AGG.
New candidates and existing certificants alike will be given an opportunity to take a wide variety of ANSI-accredited and OSHA-compliant CCO written, practical and recertification exams at CONEXPO/CON-AGG, to be held March 4–8, 2014, in Las Vegas. And thanks to NCCCO’s “Visit CONEXPO - Leave Certified” program featuring onsite scoring and immediate test results, successful candidates will be able to walk away from the event certified. Additionally, practical examiner workshops for most CCO programs will be conducted onsite before and after the exposition.
NCCCO will again co-sponsor the Lift Safety Zone now relocated to the Gold Lot, the acknowledged “nexus” of the show’s crane exhibits. NCCCO is also sponsoring a series of educational seminars in CONEXPO’s new Crane & Rigging track developed at the request of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM). All of these activities promote safe practices on construction sites and illustrate the need for qualified personnel, in line with state and federal requirements.
NCCCO’s activities at CONEXPO/CON-AGG 2014 include:
- Lift Safety Zone (G-1817 in Gold Lot) - featuring live CCO practical exam demonstrations, and crane and rigging safety best practices with a special emphasis on operating cranes safely around power lines
- NCCCO Information Booth (GL-20000) - providing information about all CCO certification programs as well as NCCCO’s activities around the exposition
- CCO Written, Practical, and Recertification Exam Administrations - allowing candidates to recertify or earn new CCO certification(s)
- Practical Examiner Accreditation Workshops for aspiring CCO crane operator, rigger, and signalperson examiners, held before and after the main exposition
- Educational Seminars - featuring world-class experts providing up-to-the-minute information on an array of issues of critical importance to crane users in construction