CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 announces a new “innovations” awards program to honor equipment innovation and product engineering. The awards will spotlight the achievements of show exhibitors in the areas of earthmoving, lifting, roadbuilding, compaction and concrete.
Industry professionals can vote online to help determine the winners. Voters who register have the chance to win a new Microsoft Surface Pro tablet computer.
Nominees in five categories include:
- Caterpillar 336E H Hybrid Excavator
- John Deere 644K Hybrid Wheel Loader
- Komatsu D61i-23 Crawler Dozer
- Doosan DX255LC-3 Excavator
- Link-Belt ATC 3210 All-Terrain Crane
- Manitowoc MLC165 Lattice-Boom Crawler Crane
- JLG X550AJ Compact Crawler Boom Lift
- Elliott Equipment 45127R Boom Truck
- BOMAG 600/15 Milling Machine
- Volvo DD140B Compactor
- Dynapac CA 2500 Single-Drum Roller
- Roadtec RX-600e Milling Machine
- Terex Roadbuilding Front Discharge Ready Mix Truck
- Putzmeister America Pro Concrete Mixer
- Wirtgen SP 80i Concrete Slipform Paver
- GOMACO GT-3200 Sidewalk Paver
- Gehl V400 Skid-Steer Loader
- Bobcat 500 Series Skid-Steer Loader
- Yanmar Vi035-6 Mini Excavator
- Caterpillar D Series Skid-Steer/CTLs
The inaugural awards will be announced at special ceremonies during the 2014 show. The winner roster will also be displayed online.
The CONEXPO/CON/AGG Innovation Awards are sponsored by Diesel Progress magazine and global powertrain specialist ZF Friedrichshafen.
Each product category includes four machines that a panel of Diesel Progress editors selected as “some of the most interesting examples of machine engineering.”
“The awards are an excellent fit with the show; our exhibitors unveil their product breakthroughs at CONEXPO-CON/AGG, and attendees know the show is where they’ll find what they need to work smarter,” Tanel added.