Minnesota Department of Transportation Commissioner Charles Zelle called the state’s $1.1 billion effort this year an “amazingly robust construction program,” but the list of 308 projects will probably be the next-to-last of its size, unless state and federal spigots free up more highway dollars.
Seventy-four of the projects are in the Twin Cities metro area.
Some project highlights:
- New MnPASS carpool lanes on I-35 north of St. Paul
- A new bridge over I-35 at Larpenteur Ave.
- A new bridge over the St. Croix River in Oak Park Heights
- Ongoing replacement of the Lafayette/U.S. 52 Bridge and Cayuga interchange in St. Paul
- Resurfacing Minnesota 1 in Ely
- Median and noise wall construction along U.S. 10 and County Road 96 in Arden Hills
- Resurfacing U.S. 61 in White Bear