For a view from Washington, DC, the National Hispanic Construction Association will be joined in the discussion by Doug Dziak, who has most recently worked as legislative director and chief counsel for now-retired Senator George V. Voinovich (R-OH).
The webinar will discuss:
- A brief history of immigration reform from The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 to the Senate's recent rejection of the DREAM Act.
- Nature abhors a void, or how the States have taken up where Congress left off.
- Getting to Yes! The politics and the strategy (and is it even possible?)
- Peter Fontanes, Board Chair, National Hispanic Construction Association, Falls Church, VA
- Doug Dziak, Counsel, Nixon Peabody LLP, Washington, DC
- Tatiana Gutierrez Abendschein, Associate, Nixon Peabody LLP, Washington, DC
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
12:30-1:30 p.m. (Eastern)