FARMINGTON, NM - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will be conducting a multi-million dollar unreserved public equipment auction in Farmington (5500 Hwy 64), New Mexico on Monday, December 14, 2009 at 9:00 a.m.
More than 450 equipment items and trucks from 30 owners will be sold to the highest bidders on auction day, with no minimum bids or reserve prices. More than half the items in the auction are aggregate and concrete equipment being sold by Sky Ute Sand and Gravel, C & J Gravel Products and Hocker Construction, as part of a major realignment.
"Some of the equipment was used in a gravel pit operation and some in a ready mix operation. It is all well-maintained. The owners just acquired excess inventory over time and are now looking to sell what they aren't using," said Buddy Bilbo, Territory Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "We've already been receiving calls from interested buyers on some of the more unique aggregate items for sale."
Sky Ute Sand and Gravel, a supplier and processor of construction, aggregate, asphalt and concrete materials operated by the Southern Ute Indian Tribe in New Mexico, is selling close to 170 items in the auction. Asphalt equipment being sold by the company includes a low-hour 2006 Caterpillar AP655C crawler asphalt paver and a low-mileage 2005 Ford F750 XL asphalt distributor truck. Other aggregate equipment being sold by the company includes a 2004 Terex Cedarapids Cobratrack 30x42 in. crawler jaw crusher, a 2003 Cemco 220/3D concrete batch plant, conveyors, mixer trucks and wheel loaders.
Hocker Construction is selling close to 50 items including wheel loaders, crawler tractors and articulated dump trucks. Other specialized aggregate equipment items include a 2005 Cedarapids Cobratrack 1100 30X42 in. crawler jaw crusher and a 2001 Cedarapids CSC4511 portable closed circuit cone crushing plant. C & J Gravel Products is selling a 2006 Thor T150-8 36 in x 150 ft telescopic conveyor.
The last auction conducted by Ritchie Bros. in Farmington was held on November of 2005. The auction attracted close to 630 registered bidders from 11 countries who bid on more than 400 lots.
Interested buyers can register at the Farmington auction site a few days prior to the auction and on auction day, as well as over the internet if they plan on bidding live and online or they can contact the Farmington auction site at +1.505.327.6800 to place a proxy bid.
- Location: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Farmington auction site, 5500 Hwy 64, Farmington, NM
- Auction site tel: +1.505.327.6800
- Auction date: Monday, December 14, 2009
- Auction start time: 9:00 a.m.
- Open to the public; registration to bid is free
- Visit the auction site to register to bid in person; photo I.D. is required. First-time bidders from the U.S. and Canada must place a refundable US$1,000 deposit when they register
- Customers can inspect, test and compare equipment during regular business hours the week before auction day
- Internet bidders must register online before auction day at www.rbauction.com; at least 2-3 business days is recommended for first-time internet bidders
- Phone the auction site to place a proxy bid. Phone: +1.505.327.6800
- Equipment details, including photos, are available at www.rbauction.com.