MENDOTA HEIGHTS, MN - Cemstone received eight category awards from the Aggregate & Ready Mix Association (ARM) of Minnesota. Moreover, the company was recognized with top awards in both commercial and residential Insulating Concrete Form (ICF) categories. In addition, Cemstone's nationally recognized Woodbridge Neighborhood project was named the top winner in the General Environmental Initiative category.
ARM announced the awards at its Building Excellence Awards Banquet in Minneapolis, at the culmination of its annual convention held on December 8-9.
"These projects represent our company's diverse range of capabilities and expertise. On behalf of all our employees, I'd like to thank our customers for giving us the opportunity to work with them on these noteworthy projects," said Thor Becken, president of Cemstone. "While they all represent outstanding work, the Woodbridge Neighborhood Street Replacement demonstrates our understanding of and proficiency with pervious concrete as an environmentally friendly street surface that is receiving much national attention."
The following list of Cemstone projects recognized this year represents both residential and large infrastructure and commercial work:
- Commercial ICF category: Carlton College in Northfield, Minn.
- Residential ICF category: Tshoid Residence
- General Environmental Initiative category: Woodbridge Neighborhood Pervious Concrete Street Replacement in Shoreview, Minn.
- Commercial Building Project category: Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn.
- Recreation category: Williams Arena Court, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Community Municipal category: TCF Bank, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Innovation category: Minnesota Twins Target Plaza, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Marketing / Promotion category: Cemstone Project Vision Imaging Software
ARM was founded in 1950 as a statewide, nonprofit organization whose goal is to advance the knowledge, education and awareness of concrete and to monitor government activities and regulations that may impact its members. ARM's membership consists of more than 25 aggregate producers and 30 ready-mix producers from across Minnesota, plus more than 50 related associate member companies.