CHICAGO - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will be conducting a multi-million dollar unreserved public equipment and truck auction at its Chicago permanent auction site on Thursday, December 10, 2009 starting at 8:00 a.m. The Company has been conducting auctions at its Chicago auction site in Morris for nearly 10 years. Close to 1,000 equipment items and trucks from over 110 owners will be sold in the upcoming unreserved public auction, including a large selection of unused boom and rolloff trucks.
"The unused boom and rolloff trucks will be of interest to anyone working in the construction, home building, waste management and demolition industries," said Rich Evans, Regional Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "It's a great opportunity for interested buyers to find a great selection of unused models all in one place at one time with every item selling to the highest bidder, regardless of price."
Of the 37 rolloff trucks being sold in the December 10th sale, 32 are unused 2009 Mack GU813 Granite rolloff trucks. More than 30 boom trucks being sold include 15 2009 Sterling LT8513 23-ton boom trucks; a 2010 Mack GU713 Granite 40-ton crane truck; and a 2010 Mack GU713 Granite 25-ton boom truck. Other trucks being sold include two unused 2009 Chevrolet C4500 4x2 dump trucks; nine concrete pump trucks; truck tractors and pickup, utility, water, and van trucks.
Also featured in the auction are a number of cranes being sold for La Grange Crane Service Inc. Cranes in the auction include: a 2006 Grove GMK5120B 120-ton all terrain crane and two 2005 Grove RT760E 60-ton rough terrain cranes. Other items to be sold include compaction equipment, crawler tractors, excavators, loader backhoes, drills, boom and scissor lifts, forklifts, skid steer loaders, logging equipment and more than 40 electric golf carts.
All items in the auction will be sold unreserved to the highest bidders on auction day, with no minimum bids or reserve prices. Interested buyers can test, inspect, and compare trucks and equipment in the Chicago auction yard starting November 30, 2009.
Interested buyers can also register at the Chicago auction site a few days prior to the auction and on auction day, as well as over the internet if they plan on bidding online. Buyers can also contact the Chicago auction site at 815.941.6400 to place a proxy bid.
- Location: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Chicago auction site, 2400 Ritchie Rd, Morris, IL
- Chicago auction site tel: +1.815.941.6400
- Auction date: Thursday, December 10, 2009
- Auction start time: 8:00 a.m.
- Open to the public; registration to bid is free
- Visit the auction site to register to bid in person; photo I.D. is required. First-time bidders from the U.S. and Canada must place a refundable US$1,000 deposit when they register
- Customers can inspect, test and compare equipment during regular business hours starting November 30, 2009
- Internet bidders must register online before auction day at www.rbauction.com; at least 2-3 business days is recommended for first-time internet bidders
- Phone the auction site to place a proxy bid. Phone: 815.941.6400
- Equipment details, including photos, are available at www.rbauction.com