WASHINGTON, D.C. - Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) today congratulated ABC member companies and chapters for receiving top honors in the Construction Users Roundtable's (CURT) Construction Industry Safety Excellence (CISE) Awards and the Workforce Development Awards at CURT's national conference held Nov. 17 in Orlando, Fla.
"ABC is proud of its members that received this national recognition by the Construction Users Roundtable in the Constructor Safety Awards and Workforce Development Awards," said ABC President and CEO Kirk Pickerel. "These accomplishments are a testament to the tremendous commitment that ABC members make to improving workplace safety and promoting workforce development."
ABC members won in all three categories in the CURT CISE Constructor Safety Awards. Contractors recognized for their outstanding safety performance over the past three years were:
NAICS Code 236: General Building Contractors
- Bancroft Construction Company - (500,000 to 2 million man hours per year). Based in Wilmington, Del., Bancroft Construction Company is a member of ABC's Delaware chapter.
NAICS Code 237: Heavy Construction Contractors
- Teton Industrial Construction, Inc. - (more than 2 million man hours per year). Operating out of Alpharetta, Ga., and Port Neches, Texas, Teton Industrial Construction, Inc., is a member of ABC's Georgia and Southeast Texas chapters.
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd. - (more than 2 million man hours per year). This Houston-based contractor is a member of ABC's Greater Houston chapter.
NAICS Code 238: Special Trade Contractors
- IES Industrial Inc. - (500,000 to 2 million man hours per year). Based in Holdredge, Neb., IES Industrial Inc., is a member of 16 ABC chapters across the country.
- Canyon Concrete, Inc. (Honorable Mention) - (500,000 or less man hours per year). Headquartered in Farmington, Mo., Canyon Concrete, Inc. is a member of ABC's Heart of America chapter.
In the CURT Workforce Development Awards, an ABC chapter and two ABC member companies took three of the four top honors in recognition of their recruitment, training and education of construction professionals. They include:
- San Diego Associated Builders and Contractors Apprenticeship and North County Trade Tech High School Partnership Program;
- S&B and Motiva's Women's Skills Training Program, a member of ABC's Southeast Texas, Greater Houston and Texas Gulf Coast chapters, and;
- BE&K/KBR QuickTrain, a member of 11 ABC chapters throughout the country.