HOUSTON, TX - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers will be conducting a large, three-day, multi-million dollar unreserved public construction equipment and truck auction at its permanent auction site in Houston, Texas from Tuesday, November 17th to Thursday, November 19, 2009 starting at 8:00 a.m. each day.
The upcoming auction marks the fourth auction held by the Company at its new Houston location in Humble, which opened in March of this year. More than 3,000 items from more than 250 owners will be sold over the course of the upcoming three-day auction, including a large selection of cranes and several unused heavy equipment items.
Highlights of the auction include several unused 2005 Caterpillar machines including crawler tractors, wheel loaders and loader backhoes that were originally purchased but never used by the owner. In addition, the auction will also feature 30 late model Caterpillar equipment items. Other unused equipment being sold includes two 2004 Atlas Copco DM30XL900 drills and a 2005 Tow Haul LPM315 315-ton off-road lowboy trailer used for transporting mining equipment.
Of the close to 80 cranes featured in the auction, more than half are rough terrain cranes including an unused 2006 Terex RT665 65-ton and an unused 2005 Terex RT335 35-ton. Several late model hydraulic truck cranes including two 2006 Grove TMS880E 8x4x4 80-ton cranes and a 2008 Fushun QUY80A crawler crane are among the other cranes being sold.
The auction will also feature various oilfield related equipment items including late model rig-up trucks, winch tractors, bed trucks, vacuum trucks and vacuum trailers. Mining and construction equipment including the 315-ton lowboy, and cranes will be sold on Day 1 (November 17th) of the auction. Items being sold on Day 2 (November 18th) include skid steer loaders, loader backhoes, forklifts, aerial lifting equipment, generators and air compressors. All transportation items, including 130 pickup trucks, will be sold on Day 3 (November 19th). Items in the auction will be sold to the highest bidders on auction day, with no minimum bids or reserve prices.
Interested buyers can register at the Houston auction site a few days prior to the auction and on auction day, as well as over the internet if they plan on bidding online or they can contact the Houston auction site at +1.713.455.5200 to place a proxy bid.
- Location: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers permanent Houston auction site, 15500 Eastex Freeway, Humble TX
- Houston auction site tel: +1.713.455.5200
- Auction date: Tuesday, November 17th to Thursday, November 19th, 2009
- Auction start time: 8:00 a.m. each day
- Open to the public; registration to bid is free
- Visit the auction site to register to bid in person; photo I.D. is required. First-time bidders from the U.S. and Canada must place a refundable US$1,000 deposit when they register
- Customers can inspect, test and compare equipment during regular business hours the week before auction day
- Internet bidders must register online before auction day at www.rbauction.com; at least 2-3 business days is recommended for first-time internet bidders
- Phone the auction site to place a proxy bid. Phone: + 1.713.455.5200
- Equipment details, including photos, are available at www.rbauction.com