This year marks the 70th anniversary of the enactment of the Davis-Bacon Act. So, what has changed in 70 years? While the law itself hasn't changed much; but the administration of the law has changed significantly, causing concern for many contractors with federal and federally-assisted construction contracts.
- Have federal prevailing wage rates in your area suddenly increased?
- Do you know how to appropriately challenge a wage determination with success?
- How do you handle it when your worker's job classification isn't listed on the wage determination?
- And what about audits? Is your company prepared for a Davis-Bacon audit?
- What are the problem areas that are showing up in current audits that your company can avoid?
Davis-Bacon wage rates are increasing and so are the Department of Labor's audit and enforcement efforts. This advanced-level, two-part webinar will explain to federal construction contractors how things are changing and how you can safeguard your company from risks arising under the Davis-Bacon Act today.
Bonus: All registrants will receive three months of on-demand access to AGC's pre-recorded webinar "The Davis-Bacon & Related Acts: The Ins and Outs of Federal Prevailing Wage Law." Whether you are new to federal contract compliance or just in need of a refresher on Davis-Bacon compliance from A to Z, this detailed two-part webinar will provide you with the knowledge you need to understand the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts requirements in a contractor-friendly manner.
WHAT: The Davis-Bacon Act Today: What's New for Construction Contractors
WHEN: Part 1: December 7, 2011 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Part 2: December 8, 2011 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Branch Chief, Construction Wage Determinations
WHD U.S. Department of Labor
Contractor Compliance and Monitoring, Inc. (CCMI)
Government Contracts Branch Chief
Office of Enforcement
WHD – U.S. Department of Labor
Kris Talynn, SPHR
Director of Human Resources