The Seal/No Seal Group will present a Contractor Clinic on Concrete Pavement Joint and Crack Sealing – Market Trends, Current Research and Best Practices at the World of Concrete 2012. The Clinic will be held on Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Concrete Construction How-To Zone in the Silver Lot. This presentation is part of a new contractor series at the show.
The presenters will cover three main topics during the clinic: market trends, state of the industry, and the best sealing practices. The first part of the session will be informational sessions and the remaining portion will be a training session. The training session will be comprised of the best practices on all important construction elements that can affect pavement jointing and crack sealing. The presenters include Scott Eilken of Quality Saw and Seal, Charley Grady of Crafco, and John Roberts of the International Grooving and Grinding Association.
Additional topics discussed at the Clinic include the material from the new Tech Briefs recently released by the Seal/No Seal Group. The Tech Briefs include:
- Evaluation of Backer Rod Absorption - a study evaluating the absorption of moisture in different types of backer rods and a method to determine the correct backer rod to use for best long term performance
- Joint Movement Estimator for Designing Transverse Joint Seal Installations - the history and use of various joint movement estimators, including the new ACPA joint movement estimator
- Use of Silanes for Sealing Joints in Concrete Pavements – general information on Silane sealers and their use in our industry
- Joint Slap Evaluation and Prevention - the impact of joint geometry on both new and existing pavement tire-pavement noise levels
- Construction of Long Life Sealant Performance - how joint seal design, the materials used, the workmanship of the installation, and the prevailing environmental and traffic conditions affect joint sealant installation