Reid Supply Company announces its first full-line catalog printed completely on Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI)® Inc paper.
"We've made some very significant changes to our catalog this year, including the use of SFI paper and environmentally friendly Enviroink," says Greg Palmer, director of marketing at Reid Supply. "These changes help us protect our water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitats and some animal species at risk. Plus, they strengthen best management practices to address Forests with Exceptional Conservation Value when working directly with family forest landowners"
The paper selection includes unique fiber sourcing requirements to promote responsible forest management on all forest lands in North America.
Among other things, the new SFI 2010-2014 Standard, the result of an extensive 18-month public review, includes revisions that:
- Improve conservation of biodiversity in North America and offshore, and address emerging issues such as climate change and bioenergy.
- Strengthen unique SFI fiber sourcing requirements, which broaden the practice of sustainable forestry in North America and avoid unwanted offshore sources.
- Complement SFI activities aimed at avoiding controversial or illegal offshore fiber sources, and embrace Lacey Act amendments to prevent illegal logging.
- Expand requirements for logger training and support for trained loggers and certified logger programs. Since 1995, more than 117,000 loggers have received training through SFI-supported programs.
The catalog is printed in full color with color-coding of the following categories:
- Knobs, Handles and Hand Wheels
- Clamps and Workholding
- Tooling Components
- Fasteners and Hardware
- Leveling Devices and Vibration Control
- Material Handling
- Bearings and Power Transmission
- Tools, Maintenance and Shop Supplies
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Structural Systems
Other improvements made to this year's catalog include: row shading, which makes it easier to keep your place on the page; item numbers next to the price; new photography and line drawings to better represent the product lines; and discounts noted on applicable pages and inside the back cover.