The webcast, "A Construction Recovery At Last- But How Long And How Strong?" will broadcast live on May 3, 2012 from 2:00-3:30 p.m. EDT. The economic webcast is presented by chief economists from Reed Construction Data, the Associated General Contractors of America, and the American Institute of Architects and sponsored by Maxwell Systems, Inc.
Presenters will address the topic of the construction industry's signs of sustained growth in multiple regions and market segments, and comment on how the recovery remains fragmentary and tentative.
The team of experts includes Kermit Baker of the AIA, Bernard Markstein of Reed Construction Data, and Ken Simonsonof the AGC, in an analysis of likely future activity within the various construction sectors and answering these questions:
- Will the current recovery gain strength or will it simply stall?
- Can the strength extend to additional geographic areas?
- Which segments and regions are still vulnerable?
- What global or domestic economic developments could derail the recovery?
- What will happen with materials costs?
The complimentary webcast is open to the public. Registration is required prior to the event. Registrants who are AIA members and who attend the live broadcast are eligible to receive 1.5 AIA CEU credits. Speakers will accept questions from the online audience during the presentation. The webcast will be archived for later viewing.