The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will hold a meeting of the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) November 27-30, 2012, in Washington, DC. ACCSH Work Groups will meet November 27-28, and the full committee will meet November 29-30.
ACCSH, established under the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, advises the Secretary of Labor and Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health on construction standards and policy matters.
The full committee agenda includes remarks from Dr. David Michaels, assistant secretary of labor for occupational safety and health and updates from the Directorate of Construction. In addition, there will be meetings of five ACCSH work groups prior to the full committee meeting.
Work group and committee meetings will be held in Room N-3437 A-C, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, DC.
- Full committee meeting: 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., November 29, and 8 a.m. to noon, November 30
- Health Hazards, Emerging Issues and Prevention through Design meeting: noon to 2 p.m. on November 27
- Diversity meeting: 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. on November 27
- Training and Outreach meeting: 8 to 10 a.m. on November 28
- Injury and Illness Prevention Programs meeting: 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on November 28
- Backing Operations meeting: 1:15 to 3:15 p.m. on November 28
Comments and requests to speak may be submitted electronically at the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal. Comments may also be submitted via mail or facsimile. See the Federal Register notice for details. Comments and requests to speak must be submitted by November 16, 2012.