The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs continues to boast an annual construction budget of over $1 billion. As a result, the VA remains a federal owner with work for contractors, especially small businesses. But, many small business contractors have had difficulty even obtaining needed verifications to bid the work.
During the webinar, "Small Business Contracting with the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs: The Process & Pitfalls", participants will learn about:
- The VA's construction budget, and why it is likely to remain untouched by any congressional spending cuts
- The Center for Veterans Enterprises (CVE) verification process and how to avoid the pitfalls
- How to challenge a CVE denial and examples of how this is done
- Status protests at the U.S. Small Business Administration and Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Potential false claims liability
AGC Members: $100
Date & Time:
February 14, 2013
2:00 - 3:30pm ET
Farah A. Shah, Esq.
Fox Rothschild, LLP
Federal & Heavy Construction Division Director, Associated General Contractors of America