- Dr. Fabrice Brunel, Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire Carnot de Bourgogne, France, will present Controlling the Cohesion of Calcium Silicate Nanohydrates by the use of Polyelectrolytes: Towards Sustainable Cementitious Materials;
- Dr. Irvin Chen, cement scientist, Calera Corporation, will present A Novel Cementitious Calcium Carbonate Containing CO2 from Industrial Flue Gas; and
- Bijoy Halder, graduate research assistant, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso, will present Use of Mutated Micro-Organism to Produce Sustainable Mortar.
- Chris Erickson, CEO, Climate Earth, will present EPDs: An Inside Look at the Keys to Successful Implementation;
- Tien Peng, senior director of sustainability, codes and standards, NRMCA, will present Responsible Sourcing through CSR Reporting; and
- Ben Tymann, attorney, Greenberg Traurig, will present Navigating the Legal Obstacles on Your Road to Sustainability: Recent Developments in the Law.
- Matthew Comber, design engineer, Degenkolb Engineers, will present Sustainable Concrete Structures Through Seismic Resilience: A Case Study;
- Jacob Sobstyl, researcher, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, MIT, will present Energy Management: City Texture Matters; and
- David Shook, associate structural engineer, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, will present Mapping a Structure’s Impact on the Environment: Case Studies.
A complete list of speakers and additional details about the conference are available online at www.concretesustainabilityconference.org. The conference provides learning and networking opportunities on the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete manufacturing and construction. This year’s conference will take place at the Hotel Sofitel San Francisco Bay.
NRMCA, based in Silver Spring, MD, represents the producers of ready mixed concrete and the companies that provide materials, equipment and support to the industry. It conducts education, training, promotion, research, engineering, safety, environmental, technological, lobbying and regulatory programs.