The Spanish language version of Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition is availabe through the CRSI online store.
The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute has published a Spanish language version of Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition. The newest edition of this popular book presents the best accepted current practices in the placement of steel reinforcing bars in reinforced concrete construction and is the first flagship publication from CRSI to be translated into Spanish.
The book is written for apprentices, ironworkers and inspectors working with steel reinforced concrete. Placing Reinforcing Bars is typically cited in project specifications, special provisions, and drawings as the definitive resource document for the placement of reinforcing bars on the jobsite.
Eighteen extensively illustrated chapters cover topics such as: materials, handling bars at the jobsite, general principles for bar placing, splicing and tying; placing bars in footings, walls, columns, floors, roofs, pavements and highway structures; and handling and placing of coated reinforcing bars.
The 9th Edition revisions include:
- Nylon sling capacity tables according to current OSHA guidelines
- Updated coverage of mechanical splices according to current CRSI Reinforcing Bars: Anchorages and Splices publication
- Updated welded splice coverage according to AWS D1.4-2011
- Updated illustrations of standard column ties and special condition column ties
- Expanded and updated safety precautions coverage emphasizing the importance of jobsite safety
- Updated coverage of bar supports, spiral fabrication tolerances, and first-bar placement according to the current CRSI Manual of Standard Practice
- Updated and expanded mobile crane and construction tower crane signals, according to ASME B30.3-2009 and B30.5-2007
- Beam bolsters shown running longitudinally, rather than transverse
- Expanded coverage to include rail- and axle-steel (ASTM A996), stainless-steel (ASTM A955) and low-carbon chromium (ASTM A1035); andExpanded coverage of contractor (dropped) bars
Other Spanish-language titles for sale in the CRSI webstore include ASTM Standard Reinforcing Bar Card, Manual of Guidelines for Shop Safety, and Best Practices: Radius Bending (handbook and CD).
To order a copy of Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition, visit the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute website or call CRSI at 847-517-1200.