Deirdre D'Aniello, publisher of Green Industry Pros and the Cygnus Landscape Network
Beginning with the May/June issue, Green Industry PRO and Yard & Garden magazines, published by Cygnus Business Media, will combine their editorial and distribution strengths to create a new, merged business-to-business landscape magazine titled Green Industry Pros.
In announcing this change, Deirdre D’Aniello, the new publisher for the Cygnus landscape brands, explained, “Currently, we publish one magazine for landscaping contractors and another for power equipment dealers. We believe the new Green Industry Pros magazine will strengthen the contractor-dealer-manufacturer communication chain.”
Discussions to merge the two publications were underway when D’Aniello was hired as the new publisher earlier in April. “This isn’t just about a merged print magazine,” emphasized Kris Flitcroft, executive vice president. “We are reshaping our landscape brand to also deliver more targeted digital content for our readers.”
With the magazine merger, the Cygnus Landscape Network will include:
- Green Industry Pros magazine
- The Pro Report e-newsletter targeting landscaping contractors
- Equipment Dealer Digest e-newsletter targeting landscape power equipment dealers
- GreenIndustryPros.com, the network web portal providing news, Product Guide, business management information and online forums for the landscaping industry.
Green Industry Pros magazine
- Launches as the May/June 2013 issue; ad close is May 24
- Publishes bi-monthly for remainder of 2013: May/June, July/August, September/October and November/December
- Reaches 64,000 total audience - 100 percent in decision-making roles*
- 54,500 landscape contractors*
- 9,500 landscape equipment dealers*
- 85 percent in the landscape maintenance business*
- Editorial mix
Reflects readers’ preference for three subject categories common to contractors and dealers:
- Equipment and product trends
- Productivity, reducing downtime, service and parts information
- Industry trends
*Based on publisher’s own data/projection
“From an editorial perspective, Lisa Danes and I are excited to foster dialogue and understanding between landscaping contractors and equipment dealers,” commented Editor-in-Chief Gregg Wartgow. “The magazine will give each audience better insights about the other side of the industry, while the e-newsletters will present more targeted editorial content.” Danes continues as magazine editor.
In April, the landscape group also welcomed Deirdre D’Aniello, a 20-year veteran of the business-to-business publishing industry, as publisher. You can reach Deirdre at 800-547-7377 ext. 1662 or Deirdre.Daniello@Cygnus.com.
In announcing D’Aniello’s hiring, Kris Flitcroft, executive vice president, said, “Deirdre comes to Cygnus from Penton Publishing with a long history of exceeding goals, implementing new products and managing all aspects of the portfolio. She is a perfect fit with the expansion goals we have in progress for our Landscape Network.”
D’Aniello held management positions for numerous B2B publications, digital properties and events for 17 years at Penton Media in Chicago. Prior to that, she was with Putman Publishing, now Putman Media. She received her bachelor’s degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wis.
The new publisher joins the Cygnus landscape team, which includes Gregg Wartgow, editor-in-chief/associate publisher, and Lisa Danes, editor. D’Aniello replaces Rick Monogue, who left Cygnus earlier this month.
As one of America’s top business-to-business media companies, Cygnus Business Media reaches millions of professionals annually and leads the way in providing targeted content to top decision-makers and organizations.